Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, some people just have ZERO class...

Bashing a player who scored over 50 important goals for the club on his way OUT...

Anyway - Roma football forums (English ones at least) going off about what a STEAL this was for them...am I also the only one who thinks 14 Mil is way too little?
This is a proven scorer in EPL (and wider)...these days you pay that much money for guys like Gaestro (that's exactly right...who?)

At first I was thinking age factored in - but 29 is not old for a striker at all (especially of his fox-in-the-box style)?

well said mate

He has clearly gone off the boil at City and has not put in a decent shift in a longtime. It appears obvious that Pelle & Co didnt like what they were seeing when we bought Bony.

My question is now that Dzeko & Jovetic have gone, who is Kolarovgoing to hang with? Seemed like those three were always together, so I wonder if Kolar- will be -ov in the not too distant future? I hope not, because I think he is one of, if not, THE BEST attacking full back in the country. Everyone knows defence is not his strong suit, but he is not as bad a defender as we sometimes make out (granted he was dire against Stuttgart, but who wasn't?!).

Sad to see what Dzeko ALLOWED HIMSELF to become at City, which was a bit part player at the end of games. I can think of only one game last season where I thought he worked his socks off, which is simply not good enough. We should be talking about the one game where he didn't and it stood out. If we are going to be a top, top team,there is no room for carrying players and cutting them loose is the best thing for all concerned.

The Italian game will suit him more than the Prem. he will be able to walk around more! Alas, in training, he will quickly stand out as the fella with a touch like concrete, because his first touch has never been good.

I thank him for his service, am glad we have helped him become financially secure for three lifetimes, but his time was up at City this time last year.

Right time to sell him in respe t that were still able to 'cash in' on him to some extent. Im seriously concrrned especially given we'll not have Jovetic to fall back on either how light we'll be up top and if god forbid form or injury befalls kun i fear we will miss Edin but i guess given the ridiculous stick hes copped theres karma in there somewhere for some.

Good luck big man, from day1 you stuck it to the filth. And i for one recognise and salute the not inconsiderable contributions youve made in youre time here.

Newcastle at home last season Dzeko looked like a man reborn, 100% up for it and looked one hell of a player, the next game....back to the uninterested, moody " I don't give a fu##" Edin we all know well.

Don't think it will be long before his mate Mr Kolarov follows him.....if a replacement can be found

Everyone is commenting that we only have 2 strikers plus Nacho. Points to me that we will be playing either 451 or 433 a lot more, especially with Sterling and possibly KDB coming in.

Also wasn't it Pep who used to play 460 on occasions at Barcelona? Maybe. He has signified we don't want many strikers but lots of attacking midfielders?

Man, some people just have ZERO class...

Bashing a player who scored over 50 important goals for the club on his way OUT...

Anyway - Roma football forums (English ones at least) going off about what a STEAL this was for them...am I also the only one who thinks 14 Mil is way too little?
This is a proven scorer in EPL (and wider)...these days you pay that much money for guys like Gaestro (that's exactly right...who?)

At first I was thinking age factored in - but 29 is not old for a striker at all (especially of his fox-in-the-box style)?
A proven Prem scorer and a proven sulker. Realistically we've got the right price. If he was always as good as he was when he was in a good mood we wouldn't be getting rid of him or we'd be getting rid at £20-22m. But he's extremely inconsistent and sulked as good as anyone you'd care to mention. That's why it's only £14m.

He got right up my nose last year, but in hindsight i'm not sure this is such a great idea. The reported fee is not great either. The club must have high hopes for Iheanacho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.