Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not feel me need a 4th striker ar all and I indeed if we had one it would complicate matters.

Unless we have a shockingly unfortunate run of injuries.

Is it definite that he is leaving? As a fee been agreed?

Man, some people just have ZERO class...

Bashing a player who scored over 50 important goals for the club on his way OUT...

Anyway - Roma football forums (English ones at least) going off about what a STEAL this was for them...am I also the only one who thinks 14 Mil is way too little?
This is a proven scorer in EPL (and wider)...these days you pay that much money for guys like Gaestro (that's exactly right...who?)

At first I was thinking age factored in - but 29 is not old for a striker at all (especially of his fox-in-the-box style)?
It's no wonder the Roma fans think that way. Edin looks after himself and apart from last season he has almost no injury record to talk of. He could quite easily play out those 5 years in Serie-A. We must have been desperate to get rid at 14 million.

It's no wonder the Roma fans think that way. Edin looks after himself and apart from last season he has almost no injury record to talk of. He could quite easily play out those 5 years in Serie-A. We must have been desperate to get rid at 14 million.
It was just a case of a move that suited both parties. Dzeko's time had come to an end, he knew it as did the club.
I'd say 14 million, considering his age and wages was about as good a deal as we were going to get.

I do not feel me need a 4th striker ar all and I indeed if we had one it would complicate matters.

Unless we have a shockingly unfortunate run of injuries.

Is it definite that he is leaving? As a fee been agreed?

yes its definite that he's going mate.....Dzeko wasnt at the event last night and wasnt mentioned...rumours are he traveling to Roma today for his medical tomorrow. Pelle said in an interview last night that we wouldnt be signing anymore strikers as he feels Iheanacho is ready for 1st team and that Sterling can also play that role if needed...

You look at RVP at the same age. A player at a higher level. Utd overpaid for him because there was a scramble of clubs after him, but that was £25m and they sold him for £4m. Players at that age have almost zero re-sale and you don't know how they will handle the ageing process. Losing pace and agility in the penalty area where there is no space can be a killer. He's not good enough to go deeper. I think he is a great buy for Roma, and City hav done very well to sell him considering his wages.

You also have to consider the bargaining position. Other clubs know exactly who we are in for. They know what we want to do, and they know roughly what our squad make up is and that to buy who we want we have to sell certain players. They can drive the deal where they want to go

yes its definite that he's going mate.....Dzeko wasnt at the event last night and wasnt mentioned...rumours are he traveling to Roma today for his medical tomorrow. Pelle said in an interview last night that we wouldnt be signing anymore strikers as he feels Iheanacho is ready for 1st team and that Sterling can also play that role if needed...
I think City made a mistake a couple of years ago in buying Negredo and Jovetic. You need to ensure that players in the squad feel they have a chance and are part of the club and that other players can come in and make a name for themselves.

Looks like we maybe playing two wide men and one central striker which means we need less out and out strikers.

I think City made a mistake a couple of years ago in buying Negredo and Jovetic. You need to ensure that players in the squad feel they have a chance and are part of the club and that other players can come in and make a name for themselves.

Looks like we maybe playing two wide men and one central striker which means we need less out and out strikers.

We were playing two up top at the time, & once Negredo went, we endeed up without a striker at times last season. Different now we have Sterling & Nacho.

I agree mate.....I also think signing a striker would have held back Iheanacho, and the club seems really confident he's ready....I think it showed last year that Dzeko had lost that "hunger" and fight and having a young lad like Iheanacho come in will be a breath of fresh air........your right, playing with 2 wide men, could mean De Bruyne and we done in this transfer window....

From La Gazzetta dello Sport online:

Rome, finally Dzeko! Scheduled to arrive in the evening in Fiumicino
The new acquisition of the Roma is expected in the capital at 19.25

August 6, 2015 - MILAN
The time Edin Dzeko has finally arrived. The sample from the Bosnian Manchester City is expected to Fiumicino airport for the 19 and 25. The Roma fans are already organizing a great welcome for the tip that they were waiting for. Dzeko, 29, is ready to take the center of the attack Roma player.​

In the comments section, Roma fans are really happy to have him and other Serie A team fans saying he's a great buy for Roma.

Never really took to the Bosnian cubic zirconia I must admit, but thanks for the memories and good luck Edin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.