Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercity88 said:
Totally agree with the comments on Dzeko. He's been a brilliant player for us and scored crucial goals but in Bony we have signed someone who can do everything Dzeko can and more. He will put himself about, he will hold the ball up well and he is proven in the league. I also think he will form a good partnership with Aguero, as Negredo did - and as Dzeko has never managed to.

Dzeko isn't going to get better and the summer would be the perfect time to cash in. Jovetic can improve and adds creativity, though the club will have to decide whether they look to bring in a Reus/Hazard style player who can add goals from midfield, or if they go for an out and out striker. Jovetic is a kind of halfway house between both and needs to step up.

From what we read,perhaps MP is now concerned that Jovetic is the new Darren Anderton ... aka "Sicknote" !!

I do hope we keep edin as I think he's a class striker, but the reality is, with a fully fit squad and with the purchase of bony, would he even be guaranteed a place on the bench when everyone's fit? I'm not sure

It's down to keeping Dzeko motivated for the rest of this season. There will be opportunities, even with us signing Bony as we would have to keep Aguero fresh. As for his future he will more than likely to be moved on in the summer despite signing a long term contract.

I agree, most likely will be moved on in the summer. I think he just doesn't suit in this passing football very well, and his work rate is not that impressive either. 29 years old in March, in the summer perfect time to cash in IMO.

oakiecokie said:
toffee balls said:
I do not get all this negativity one bit.

He would walk into every squad at the top of the premier league with ease.

I love Edin

As I said yesterday,some fans are too sentimental.You need to move on.

I like dzeko,but this is spot on,it's time to move on.

I used to really stick up for Dzeko and sat he's pivotal to our squad. An underared but key member of our team.

Now I think its time to go. He's a player that needs to think long and hard about his next move now. He needs a club that will maximise his strengths as a player and he needs to feel like he's the main man.

He is a B level player destined for a B level team I.e Wolfsburg, Milan, Monaco etc.

The wages he's on, the international player slot he's taken and the role as third striker means its a good time to part ways. I'd rather sign the next big thing than underused a player that doesn't fit our way of playing.

I see Dzeko and Jovetic leaving in the summer ...

The guy from Lyon and Southamptons Rodriguez have been heavily linked ..... replacing them both for those players would mean little outlay and we could use the budget for a left back and midfielder.....Kolarov will be gone too I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.