Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's never been a favourite of mine,partly due to his applicatiion and partly due to his style,but he's served us well and will be fondly remembered when he does leave.

I too think that will be in the summer while he still commands a decent fee.I'm positive we can attract a player who will have a greater input and impact,especially in regards to fluidity and team cohesion.

FantasyIreland said:
He's never been a favourite of mine,partly due to his applicatiion and partly due to his style,but he's served us well and will be fondly remembered when he does leave.

I too think that will be in the summer while he still commands a decent fee.I'm positive we can attract a player who will have a greater input and impact,especially in regards to fluidity and team cohesion.

Not sure tbh mate, I reckon we will entertain bids for a number of players this window, Edin being one of them.

Correct money gets offered and we won't knock it back, imo.

oakiecokie said:
Lets be honest !! The lad over past 3+ years has helped us win this,that and the other,for which I am extremely grateful.
However we as a club have now moved to another level of football and for all his worth,Edin is now at a level beneath what we are aiming for.
Lets be honest and what are his strengths nowadays.Heading ? Work ? Distribution ? Bringing his team mates into play ?
Very little of the above and I truly wish that his "fan boys" would cease to give him the continuing support of yesterday.
The lad is going through a difficult period and I think thats due to the fact that he now has far better plaers around him.
He really must rank as one of the worst ever centre forwards in being able to control a ball,trap a ball, and beat a defender on a one to one situation.
Biased ??
For the first couple of years I supported this lad more than most and was always prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.Unfortunately he has not progressed and I firmly believe that he will not progress any further,
Sorry Edin.You need to be moved on and I thank you for the past 3+ years.
Exactly what Oakie said......

Dribble said:
oakiecokie said:
Lets be honest !! The lad over past 3+ years has helped us win this,that and the other,for which I am extremely grateful.
However we as a club have now moved to another level of football and for all his worth,Edin is now at a level beneath what we are aiming for.
Lets be honest and what are his strengths nowadays.Heading ? Work ? Distribution ? Bringing his team mates into play ?
Very little of the above and I truly wish that his "fan boys" would cease to give him the continuing support of yesterday.
The lad is going through a difficult period and I think thats due to the fact that he now has far better plaers around him.
He really must rank as one of the worst ever centre forwards in being able to control a ball,trap a ball, and beat a defender on a one to one situation.
Biased ??
For the first couple of years I supported this lad more than most and was always prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.Unfortunately he has not progressed and I firmly believe that he will not progress any further,
Sorry Edin.You need to be moved on and I thank you for the past 3+ years.
Exactly what Oakie said......
Same here, i'v backed Edin to the hilt over the years but his attitude lately has turned rancid, once that happens it's time for a parting of the ways
Heard Stoke could be in for him

Rammy Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:

Not sure tbh mate, I reckon we will entertain bids for a number of players this window, Edin being one of them.

I believe he's on a more manageable wage in terms of moving him on than prior to his renegotiation last summer.

Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:

I believe he's on a more manageable wage in terms of moving him on than prior to his renegotiation last summer.

I want to believe that he will be easier to move out than some of the others. He has always wanted to be the main man and seemingly wants more playing time and seems a nice lad so *might* be willing to take a pay cut to join a club like Wolfsburg etc. Of course, the new contract will also help

bluechampion7891 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:

I want to believe that he will be easier to move out than some of the others. He has always wanted to be the main man and seemingly wants more playing time and seems a nice lad so *might* be willing to take a pay cut to join a club like Wolfsburg etc. Of course, the new contract will also help

They key with Dzeko has always been - if there's a CL club out there who want to make him their main man, then we he'll listen IMO. Otherwise he's not going to leave City. The idea that he'll go to a non CL club is laughable. One of the most prolific goal scorers of the last 4/5 years.

Mister Appointment said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Mister Appointment said:

They key with Dzeko has always been - if there's a CL club out there who want to make him their main man, then we he'll listen IMO. Otherwise he's not going to leave City. The idea that he'll go to a non CL club is laughable. One of the most prolific goal scorers of the last 4/5 years.

Have to agree with you ref going to a club who doesn`t offer CL and certainly IMO I don`t think for one moment that a club like Stoke would appeal to him.I honestly believe that once he leaves City he will move overseas.
Served us very well but at times he does have his mardarse head on.

Mister Appointment said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Mister Appointment said:

I suspect you are correct Mr A.

Dzeko frustrates the heck out of me but boy has he made some important contributions. I think his biggest problem is that he does not handle being number 1 well; which is not necessarily the worst attribute for a top striker but is not helpful in a squad / set-up like City's. If he wants to remain one of four at City, he is good enough. I think he might be happier leaving to be the star somewhere else though.

Totally agree with the comments on Dzeko. He's been a brilliant player for us and scored crucial goals but in Bony we have signed someone who can do everything Dzeko can and more. He will put himself about, he will hold the ball up well and he is proven in the league. I also think he will form a good partnership with Aguero, as Negredo did - and as Dzeko has never managed to.

Dzeko isn't going to get better and the summer would be the perfect time to cash in. Jovetic can improve and adds creativity, though the club will have to decide whether they look to bring in a Reus/Hazard style player who can add goals from midfield, or if they go for an out and out striker. Jovetic is a kind of halfway house between both and needs to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.