Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluethrunthru said:
ianw16 said:
You can say what you like about dear old Edin, and I've said most of them, good and bad, but he'd have no trouble finding game time at Arse or Chelski at the moment. We're pretty lucky to have 4 good to excellent strikers to choose from, whereas none of their lot would likely get a look in at our place.

which is why if he leaves - and I hope he doesn't - we shouldn't sell to a rival. He goes abroad or nowhere - Arsenal or Chelski with Edin leading the line would be a different proposition to what they are now - I see no reason to stack the odds against ourselves

If they were prepared to pay silly money we probably couldn't say no if he wanted to go.

Was Torres worth 50 million?

I would prefer us to give him an extension on his current contract but its a fair bet he will finish back in Germany at some stage.

I would be surprised if he ever plays for another premiership club.

banzaibuddy said:
Aguero scores pretty goals. The beast scores powerful goals. Dzeko scores ugly tap-ins a lot of the time. But a goal's a goal!
What a load of bollocks.

-- Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:40 am --

bigf42 said:
Strange how he ran Back to throw his shirt into the. Crowd last night.... A goodbye gesture?
With an absolutely huge face splitting grin? Hardly.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:43 am --<br /><br />
SPIDERBOY said:
Silva Service said:
SPIDERBOY said:
From marca,today...

Dortmund are moving closer to an agreement for Edin Dzeko. Manchester City's striker could depart towards Germany before the winter transer window shuts.

...and give up the chance of 4 trophies in the midst of his longest ever run of starts in the best team on the planet.

Really ???

I agree with you mate,was just posting what was on marca......he'll go in the summer IMO
I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he signed an extension in the summer, he's improved his attitude that much he's a pleasure to watch now and given how happy he looked when he threw his shirt in to the crowd at spuds I'm guessing he's in a better place too.

ColinLee said:
banzaibuddy said:
Aguero scores pretty goals. The beast scores powerful goals. Dzeko scores ugly tap-ins a lot of the time. But a goal's a goal!
What a load of bollocks.

-- Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:40 am --

bigf42 said:
Strange how he ran Back to throw his shirt into the. Crowd last night.... A goodbye gesture?
With an absolutely huge face splitting grin? Hardly.

-- Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:43 am --

SPIDERBOY said:
Silva Service said:
...and give up the chance of 4 trophies in the midst of his longest ever run of starts in the best team on the planet.

Really ???

I agree with you mate,was just posting what was on marca......he'll go in the summer IMO
I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he signed an extension in the summer, he's improved his attitude that much he's a pleasure to watch now and given how happy he looked when he threw his shirt in to the crowd at spuds I'm guessing he's in a better place too.

Dortmund would have to give us Hummels, Gundogen or Reus as part of the deal :-D

I'm sorry but the Chelsea game proved how ineffective Dzeko is. He lost most duals in the air ( the only thing he has over the other strikers) and he's a liability more often than not with the ball at his feet. Over the years we've had Tevez upfront against Chelsea, he was a nightmare for them, like Aguero is now. With the style City plays, we need an Aguero/Tevez type more than a Dzeko so I'd be looking to find a player in the mould of Tevez to replace him. however Jovetic could be the one and we could sell Dzeko on for some profit or bring in a top left winger with the money.

Yates said:
I'm sorry but the Chelsea game proved how ineffective Dzeko is. He lost most duals in the air ( the only thing he has over the other strikers) and he's a liability more often than not with the ball at his feet. Over the years we've had Tevez upfront against Chelsea, he was a nightmare for them, like Aguero is now. With the style City plays, we need an Aguero/Tevez type more than a Dzeko so I'd be looking to find a player in the mould of Tevez to replace him. however Jovetic could be the one and we could sell Dzeko on for some profit or bring in a top left winger with the money.

There's a reason Negredo was subbed off and not Edin, and anyone that watched the game could see it coming a mile away. And no, nothing to do with Alfs shoulder.

Barcon said:
Yates said:

There's a reason Negredo was subbed off and not Edin, and anyone that watched the game could see it coming a mile away. And no, nothing to do with Alfs shoulder.
negredo was unfit after a lay off so yea there was a reason and im not criticising dzeko who i taught has been very good lately

Proelia said:
Barcon said:
Yates said:

negredo was unfit after a lay off so yea there was a reason and im not criticising dzeko who i taught has been very good lately

Like I said, nothing to do with his shoulder (and that includes him not playing lately because of his shoulder) Dzeko was the only one that was holding the ball up.

Barcon said:
Proelia said:
Barcon said:

Like I said, nothing to do with his shoulder (and that includes him not playing lately because of his shoulder) Dzeko was the only one that was holding the ball up.
Your arms play a huge part in running and if one has been injured you will not run right

Proelia said:
Barcon said:
Proelia said:

Your arms play a huge part in running and if one has been injured you will not run right

Yeah I know mate.

Barcon said:
Proelia said:
Barcon said:

Yeah I know mate.
How can you possible say that his poor game had nothing to with his shoulder then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.