Dzeko's Incredible Goals:Min Ratio

Golden Balls

Do we possess the most lethal finisher in Europe and we don't know it?
Or at least the premier league anyway.
With 10 goals in last 9 matches, Edin is on cracking form.

But here are the statistics which really hit home:
Edin Dzeko - 581min for 10 goals (ratio: 1goal for every 58min)
RVP - 901min for 11 goals (ratio: 1goal:82min)
Balotelli - 334min for 5 goals (ratio: 1:67)
Aguero - 643min for 9 goals (ratio: 1:71)
Rooney - 832min for 9 goals (ratio: 1:92)
Ba - 641min for 8 goals (ratio: 1:80)
Hernandez - 504min for 4 goals (ratio: 1:126)
____
Dzeko has the form, the players around him and the skill to continue to bang in the goals...even to become the world's most prolific goal-getter. I personally would like to see him start more of the games.... Open for discussion.

The most eye-opening part of that list is that three of the top four are ours. The strength in depth we have is truly astonishing.

The united away match helped him greatly.

Looking at Villareal at home I would not get too carried away. He has had plenty of chances, it is more a reflection on the team.

His record is unbelievable and yet I'd still rather have Aguero and or Balotelli start ahead of him in big games. For 40 minutes today I was frustrated with him and then he produces a great run, skips past a defender and buries it in the bottom corner. Then he went missing for a bit before another good run and great cross for Silva's goal. He's a bit of an enigma for me.

What I'd like to see is for him to become more physical, I'd like him to watch videos of the likes of Drogba, Shearer, hell even Kevin Davies, and learn from them, because if he can use his height and strength to become a striker that defenders can't deal with physically, like Drogba was a couple of years ago, he'd be truly immense.

Halfpenny said:
The most eye-opening part of that list is that three of the top four are ours. The strength in depth we have is truly astonishing.

Correct. Were are truly blessed by attackers who know where the net is.

Strange player,,,
i was calling for him to be subbed before he scored, but what a fanastic goal..
He can infuriate and excillarate.. shades of Mr Goater ???????

Golden Balls said:
Halfpenny said:

Correct. Were are truly blessed by attackers who know where the net is.

Incorrect.

In the list given, three of the top three are ours, the list isn't in order.

We made the mistake of resting Dzeko after he scored four against spuds , his confidence was sky high. Rotation is a fine policy , but Hart,Kompany,Lescott,Silva,DeJong,YaYa and Dzeko should be guaranteed starters when fit for premiership and european games.

kenzie115 said:
His record is unbelievable and yet I'd still rather have Aguero and or Balotelli start ahead of him in big games. For 40 minutes today I was frustrated with him and then he produces a great run, skips past a defender and buries it in the bottom corner. Then he went missing for a bit before another good run and great cross for Silva's goal. He's a bit of an enigma for me.

What I'd like to see is for him to become more physical, I'd like him to watch videos of the likes of Drogba, Shearer, hell even Kevin Davies, and learn from them, because if he can use his height and strength to become a striker that defenders can't deal with physically, like Drogba was a couple of years ago, he'd be truly immense.

It's not the fact that he went "missing". Mancini's tactics after they scored were spot on. We played more higher up the pitch and then when it hit 1-1 we reverted back to a more possessive style.

Dzeko could have scored 3 tonight and if Aguero had his shooting boots, 2/3 assists as well...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.