Dzeko's Incredible Goals:Min Ratio

kenzie115 said:
Golden Balls said:
Halfpenny said:
The most eye-opening part of that list is that three of the top four are ours. The strength in depth we have is truly astonishing.

Correct. Were are truly blessed by attackers who know where the net is.

Incorrect.

In the list given, three of the top three are ours, the list isn't in order.
Well spotted, glanced at the others (bar RVP obviously) and it looked like it was in order! Makes the stat even more unbelievable.

kenzie115 said:
Golden Balls said:
Halfpenny said:
The most eye-opening part of that list is that three of the top four are ours. The strength in depth we have is truly astonishing.

Correct. Were are truly blessed by attackers who know where the net is.

Incorrect.

In the list given, three of the top three are ours, the list isn't in order.
i never said it was in order..

Golden Balls said:
kenzie115 said:
His record is unbelievable and yet I'd still rather have Aguero and or Balotelli start ahead of him in big games. For 40 minutes today I was frustrated with him and then he produces a great run, skips past a defender and buries it in the bottom corner. Then he went missing for a bit before another good run and great cross for Silva's goal. He's a bit of an enigma for me.

What I'd like to see is for him to become more physical, I'd like him to watch videos of the likes of Drogba, Shearer, hell even Kevin Davies, and learn from them, because if he can use his height and strength to become a striker that defenders can't deal with physically, like Drogba was a couple of years ago, he'd be truly immense.

It's not the fact that he went "missing". Mancini's tactics after they scored were spot on. We played more higher up the pitch and then when it hit 1-1 we reverted back to a more possessive style.

Dzeko could have scored 3 tonight and if Aguero had his shooting boots, 2/3 assists as well...

It seems like we come away from every game saying he could/should have had a hat-trick, that suggests to me that whilst he's getting into good positions he's not making the most of them.

In fact, thinking about it, you could make a compilation of all the chances he's missed this season and if you showed it to someone who'd been in a coma for 3 months they wouldn't believe he was the Premier League leaders' top scorer.

I believe I prefer Balotelli and Aguero because I see them as more clinical, hence better strikers, but the fact Dzeko has a better minutes per goal ratio suggests that even though he fluffs more chances, which makes me think he's not as good, he gets more chances, and that's not just luck, so really I should prefer Dzeko as you've got a better chance of scoring with him playing.

Told you it was an enigma.

Golden Balls said:
Do we possess the most lethal finisher in Europe and we don't know it?
Or at least the premier league anyway.
With 10 goals in last 9 matches, Edin is on cracking form.

But here are the statistics which really hit home:
Edin Dzeko - 581min for 10 goals (ratio: 1goal for every 58min)
RVP - 901min for 11 goals (ratio: 1goal:82min)
Balotelli - 334min for 5 goals (ratio: 1:67)
Aguero - 643min for 9 goals (ratio: 1:71)
Rooney - 832min for 9 goals (ratio: 1:92)
Ba - 641min for 8 goals (ratio: 1:80)
Hernandez - 504min for 4 goals (ratio: 1:126)
____
Dzeko has the form, the players around him and the skill to continue to bang in the goals...even to become the world's most prolific goal-getter. I personally would like to see him start more of the games.... Open for discussion.
Strikers especially go through hot and cold spells - let's see the figures when more of the season has gone.

Also, it clearly tends to be easier to score goals coming on late in games against tiring opposition. IIRC, quite a few of Dzeko's goals have been scored in those circumstances. (Perhaps this also applies to some of the other players on your list, but to a larger or smaller extent than with Dzeko?) To fairly compare the above players you would have to take this sort of factor into account.

There's also the question of the general quality of the opposition faced - although that should even itself out over the full season. And an even more important factor, the quality of the team mates. Would Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta's figures be quite as impressive if they didn't play in the same team?

Don't get me wrong. Dzeko is clearly a very good player. However there does seem to be a notable contingent of Dzekolators on this forum, some of whom seem to be more Dzeko fans than City fans, who post continually about how exceptional Edin is. They may be proven right eventually, but at the moment the evidence is nowhere near conclusive.

I love the guy.lethal.

As long as Mancini doesn't leave someone on the bench for a full game I can see this carrying on,how many have been scored off the bench after a sub with 20 mins to go?Plenty to go around ;-)

Dzeko is so frustrating throughout a game. Just like today he was playing poor then out of nowhere a great equaliser followed with a good assist for Silva. He does seem to miss a lot of chances but he is getting in the positions. Do I prefer him to Mario? Overall, probably.

To the guy who said Dzeko "misses more chances" than Balo and Aguero: False. Look at the stats, their chance conversion is identical - but the Dzeko bashing has bled over from last season, so that it SEEMS as though he misses more because whenever he does, the spotlight is cranked and the bashalicious banquet begins. The minute ratio is all you need. Incredible.

Edin's goal against QPR tonight proves he is more than just a player benefitting from the players around him.

However, he sometimes has games where he couldn't hit a ballon d'or with a banjo.

Does he have an identical twin brother who's crap at football?

byronic said:
To the guy who said Dzeko "misses more chances" than Balo and Aguero: False. Look at the stats, their chance conversion is identical - but the Dzeko bashing has bled over from last season, so that it SEEMS as though he misses more because whenever he does, the spotlight is cranked and the bashalicious banquet begins. The minute ratio is all you need. Incredible.

Jon Macken had our best ratio for a year or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.