Each car in London costs NHS 8000 Quid

That many holes in the article I thought it was a piece of Swiss Cheese

Four points.
If more people cycle or walk, that means there will be more gulping in dirty air which will cause even more health issues
Re the pollution. If you want to commit suicide by running a pipe from an exhaust, you can't do it with a diesel. Petrol exhaust fumes will kill you, diesel will only make you poorly
You'll never get people out of their cars until public transport is made affordable and is reliable
The Government doesn't want us out of our cars as they raise so much tax on fuel

Four points.
If more people cycle or walk, that means there will be more gulping in dirty air which will cause even more health issues
Re the pollution. If you want to commit suicide by running a pipe from an exhaust, you can't do it with a diesel. Petrol exhaust fumes will kill you, diesel will only make you poorly
You'll never get people out of their cars until public transport is made affordable and is reliable
The Government doesn't want us out of our cars as they raise so much tax on fuel
On the first issue, I thought I had read that the benefits of the exercise outweighed the pollution plus you are breathing in as much pollution when sat in your car as being outside it.

Four points.

I fancy there is a little room somewhere round the back of Whitehall where the new WATER TAX is being finalised! it will be a tax levied on riding on water, swimming in water, consuming water, being out in the rain and getting wet with water!

Then they should be ringfencing the tax on fossil fuels as NHS funding.

I fancy there is a little room somewhere round the back of Whitehall where the new WATER TAX is being finalised! it will be a tax levied on riding on water, swimming in water, consuming water, being out in the rain and getting wet with water!

You are of course forgetting the soon to be launched shit tax - just as soon as they finalise the approved designs for arse meters they will launch the franchises for SOC's ( Shite Operating Companies ) from whom we will be forced to rent a meter - attach it to ones buttocks and then a charge will be levied on each dump taken by the wearer based on the volume produced, frequency, amount of bumwad consumed plus water in the flush and general wear and tear on the pipes. Exemptions will be granted for the under 16's and pensioners will be offered a discount on use. The government has brushed off suggestions that this will lead to a rise in the use of colostomy bags and people shitting in hedgerows and dismissed them as project fear.

On the first issue, I thought I had read that the benefits of the exercise outweighed the pollution plus you are breathing in as much pollution when sat in your car as being outside it.

The manufacturer of my car tells me that the air I breathe inside the car is clean as the car filters all the pollutants out of it, although I am still subjected to the smell of dirty fumes of a poorly maintained car or lorry in front of me

The manufacturer of my car tells me that the air I breathe inside the car is clean as the car filters all the pollutants out of it, although I am still subjected to the smell of dirty fumes of a poorly maintained car or lorry in front of me

So why don't we just put those super filters over the ends of exhausts??!

Or am I simplifying too much?

So why don't we just put those super filters over the ends of exhausts??!

Or am I simplifying too much?
You cant do that as it would create a requirement for increased pressure in order to get the exhaust gas through the filter (filters create a resistance), also as the filter got dirtier it would create an increase in resistance requiring even more pressure to overcome it, a very dirty filter could therefore damage your engine if the exhaust gasses cannot escape efficiently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.