Eamonn Holmes - Tax dodger as well as salad

Right, get your pitch forks at the ready cos I is gonna defend him. I went self employed years ago, to do that I had to have 3 different companies/people pay me otherwise I was classed as being employed, if just one company was paying me it was a tax doge on the part of those that paid me. For that reason my accountant said to set up a company, my company charge the other one and in turn pay me.

Reading what fatty has alleged to have done is exactly the same (only he got paid more) ITV paid his company who then paid him. I now have the dilemma, do I hate the Inland Revenue more than I hate fat Pseudo rags. …………………… The Revenue, an absolute load of bastards who stole £850 of me in 1999.

I was self employed for 12 years and only worked for one company. I invoiced them weekly for the same agreed amount + vat and on we rolled
The tax man investigated the company and asked questions about me and another lad who was on the same deal and we never heard anything from them
When the company called time on my "employment' and told me in two weeks they weren't paying me again, I sought the advice of an employment solicitor as I thought I was entitled to 12 months "commission "
Because of the paperwork I had from the company the solicitor told me I was actually employed which came as a surprise to me and the company
I threatened them with an unfair dismissal case, negotiations ensued for four weeks where they continued to pay me and then they settled on a full redundancy package which, because the tax man thought I was self employed and the company also wanted the paperwork saying that, I was able to take nearly all of it tax free
If it had gone to a tribunal the company would certainly have lost and when the inland revenue found out, the company would have been liable for all my tax and national insurance contributions for 12 years (plus my colleague's) even though we had paid via our self employed status
By doing what you've done, you have protected someone else and not yourself
They can bin you at any time

I was self employed for 12 years and only worked for one company. I invoiced them weekly for the same agreed amount + vat and on we rolled
The tax man investigated the company and asked questions about me and another lad who was on the same deal and we never heard anything from them
When the company called time on my "employment' and told me in two weeks they weren't paying me again, I sought the advice of an employment solicitor as I thought I was entitled to 12 months "commission "
Because of the paperwork I had from the company the solicitor told me I was actually employed which came as a surprise to me and the company
I threatened them with an unfair dismissal case, negotiations ensued for four weeks where they continued to pay me and then they settled on a full redundancy package which, because the tax man thought I was self employed and the company also wanted the paperwork saying that, I was able to take nearly all of it tax free
If it had gone to a tribunal the company would certainly have lost and when the inland revenue found out, the company would have been liable for all my tax and national insurance contributions for 12 years (plus my colleague's) even though we had paid via our self employed status
By doing what you've done, you have protected someone else and not yourself
They can bin you at any time

Your story is exactly why I was told not to do it. I'd had quite a few different customers but one main one was very good, eventually the only one so I became a company. Whilst only a bit of info has been published it seems that's what Holmes has done which I find strange.
When I was in paid employment I ended up, (by a mistake of my employer) having to do self assessment every year. I was paid every 4 weeks which meant 13 pay periods rather than 12 per year. That bastard tax man said I hadn't paid enough tax and hit me with £800+ bill. My employer said they had deducted the right amount and my union agreed but neither would fight them. The really annoying thing was that they ignored all the other workers who were not on self assessment, so even though they supposedly owed £800+ each the tax man didn't bother them. So I hate Mr tax man and all who sail in her.

What’s this ‘Tax’ you speak of?

oh, and he is a fat red ****, think we’ve all agreed on that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.