Eamonn Holmes - Tax dodger as well as salad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mat, 25 Feb 2020.

1. dickie davies

dickie davies

I was self employed for 12 years and only worked for one company. I invoiced them weekly for the same agreed amount + vat and on we rolled
    The tax man investigated the company and asked questions about me and another lad who was on the same deal and we never heard anything from them
    When the company called time on my "employment' and told me in two weeks they weren't paying me again, I sought the advice of an employment solicitor as I thought I was entitled to 12 months "commission "
    Because of the paperwork I had from the company the solicitor told me I was actually employed which came as a surprise to me and the company
    I threatened them with an unfair dismissal case, negotiations ensued for four weeks where they continued to pay me and then they settled on a full redundancy package which, because the tax man thought I was self employed and the company also wanted the paperwork saying that, I was able to take nearly all of it tax free
    If it had gone to a tribunal the company would certainly have lost and when the inland revenue found out, the company would have been liable for all my tax and national insurance contributions for 12 years (plus my colleague's) even though we had paid via our self employed status
    By doing what you've done, you have protected someone else and not yourself
    They can bin you at any time

Worzel Gummidge#9 likes this.
  2. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Your story is exactly why I was told not to do it. I'd had quite a few different customers but one main one was very good, eventually the only one so I became a company. Whilst only a bit of info has been published it seems that's what Holmes has done which I find strange.
    When I was in paid employment I ended up, (by a mistake of my employer) having to do self assessment every year. I was paid every 4 weeks which meant 13 pay periods rather than 12 per year. That bastard tax man said I hadn't paid enough tax and hit me with £800+ bill. My employer said they had deducted the right amount and my union agreed but neither would fight them. The really annoying thing was that they ignored all the other workers who were not on self assessment, so even though they supposedly owed £800+ each the tax man didn't bother them. So I hate Mr tax man and all who sail in her.

3. pirate

pirate

is the correct answer

4. Kaz?

karen7 likes this.
  5. Tax-dodging tub of shit. This oleaginous slug leaves a trail of slime everywhere he goes. He should have his pass to Lou Macari's Chippy rescinded on Thursday nights. That'll teach him.

6. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

2 months of Greggs pasties the fat fuck.

7. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

I`d sooner it was sticking out of his arse.

8. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

9. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Philip schofield likes this

purplenose likes this.
  10. Pablo1

Pablo1

What’s this ‘Tax’ you speak of?

oh, and he is a fat red cunt, think we’ve all agreed on that.