ear syringed

keedon said:
Barcon said:
How about that ear candling stuff? A mate of mine had his girlfriend do it to him. He lay down on the floor, put a piece of paper towel under his ear, stuffed the candle in his ear and lit it. The candle fell over, set fire to the piece of paper, the carpet and his hair. Best 30 seconds of my life.

There is a risk of the candle wax dripping into the ear and doing some damage.

Well they certainly dameged the carpet.

had mine done in an italian hospital in peschiera del gada, the pool water made my ear wax press on my drum,had mad ear ache and well worth the £110,stunk like mad and could hear a pin drop after

Barcon said:
How about that ear candling stuff? A mate of mine had his girlfriend do it to him. He lay down on the floor, put a piece of paper towel under his ear, stuffed the candle in his ear and lit it. The candle fell over, set fire to the piece of paper, the carpet and his hair. Best 30 seconds of my life.

I tried that, my sister recommended it and offered me a candle. got home lay on the couch and stuffed the thing in my ear and lit it, it did pull a bit of wax out but did not do the job properly. the thing is whilst lying there with this 8 inch candle burning away my only thought was that I hope nobody sees me doing this, its insane

I've been completely deaf in my left ear for over 3 weeks now and only had limited hearing in my right. I thought I needed syringing so went to the docs. Was gutted when the doctor told me I had fluid in my ears and it would sort itself out in a few weeks!
My right ear popped a few days ago so I can hear fine now. Just waiting on my other one now. It's so frustrating!

Blu KB said:
I'm terrible with going to the doctors and ive had a ringing in my ear for a while now, reckon i might need the ol' syringe too?

Go and see the doc ...... that could just be earwax ...... or it could be something like tinitus.

I went to one of those walk-in centres the other week , as i had a blocked ear ....... they referred me to the ENT dept at the MRI for ear suctioning ..... they insert a longish , vibrating implement down your ear which sucks the wax out.

MonkeyButler said:
I've been completely deaf in my left ear for over 3 weeks now and only had limited hearing in my right. I thought I needed syringing so went to the docs. Was gutted when the doctor told me I had fluid in my ears and it would sort itself out in a few weeks!
My right ear popped a few days ago so I can hear fine now. Just waiting on my other one now. It's so frustrating!

There's a drainage tube called the Eustachian Tube which drains mucus from the Middle Ear down to the Throat to be swallowed naturally. Sometimes this gets a bit blocked or it doesn't drain away quickly enough.

Try standing or sitting up straight, put your chin up toward the ceiling (which straightens out the Eustachian Tube) and pretend to yawn or move your jaw from side to side.

This sometimes releases it and also try gently massaging down your neck between your Ear and Throat.

Hope this helps.

JULES said:
Barcon said:

I tried that, my sister recommended it and offered me a candle. got home lay on the couch and stuffed the thing in my ear and lit it, it did pull a bit of wax out but did not do the job properly. the thing is whilst lying there with this 8 inch candle burning away my only thought was that I hope nobody sees me doing this, its insane

I used hopi candles a few months ago - was quite a nice experience.
Cut the candle open when it's finished and you can see the wax and pollen that it has drawn out. would recommend it.
Candles were £9 for a pair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.