eastlands or etihad

ifiwasarichfan said:
I really liked the name Eastlands but lets get a bit of perspective here; for the deal we have got they could have called it the "Roy Keane" Stadium for all I care.

Lol, agreed! And remember, it's official title is 'The City of Manchester Stadium', not Eastlands.

I will be calling it the Etihad (Trademark 2011) Arenabowl.

Etihad definitely, tbh if our glorious owners wanted me to call it the united arena I would without question. I really don't care, the only thing I care about is my beloved blues and that my friends is what we'll always be. CTID

TBH I like The Eithad, short and easy, whereas COMs was always a mouthful and Eastlands well that was open to abuse by calling it Wastelands. I would hope by calling it by its name it shows a little respect to the sponsors who are going to pay for it handsomly.

I suppose after a beer or two suspect might just resort to saying going to see city just as I have used even when we were at MR.

mcfcliam said:
jonmcfc said:
when i`m with friends/family it will prob be eastlands, but if i see gooners/munichs/ need i go on i will say loudly and proud i`m of to etihad this weekend or when ever we are at home.

Bit uncalled for that.

Eastlands anyway.

Ok Liam I can see where you are coming from and when they rip down thier monument (sponsered by AIG) and stop trading on the memory then I would go mental on anyone who referred to them that way, until then those who live by the sword etc (not that I have or ever will sing the songs).

Don't get me wrong I hate the plastics as much as anyone, at work the other week we had a fire alarm and there was a plastic talking to me and another City fan and he asked " So this Mike Doyle, should I know who he is?"

We just looked at him and gave howls of piteous laughter replying "Not if you think fooball began in 1993"

If the sponsors have paid as much as is reported then we should refer to it as Ethiad.

BlueTony said:
mcfcliam said:
jonmcfc said:
when i`m with friends/family it will prob be eastlands, but if i see gooners/munichs/ need i go on i will say loudly and proud i`m of to etihad this weekend or when ever we are at home.

Bit uncalled for that.

Eastlands anyway.

Ok Liam I can see where you are coming from and when they rip down thier monument (sponsered by AIG) and stop trading on the memory then I would go mental on anyone who referred to them that way, until then those who live by the sword etc (not that I have or ever will sing the songs).

Don't get me wrong I hate the plastics as much as anyone, at work the other week we had a fire alarm and there was a plastic talking to me and another City fan and he asked " So this Mike Doyle, should I know who he is?"

We just looked at him and gave howls of piteous laughter replying "Not if you think fooball began in 1993"

If the sponsors have paid as much as is reported then we should refer to it as Ethiad

why, is it based on commission?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.