Easy Meals For Uni?

Sparkys-Army

Right, i got accepted into university today which i'm thrilled about. Fucking over the moon.

As there is a bit of a wait, i thought i'd do some early research, get ideas to save time nearer September and i'm thinking i'll need some cheap basic meals to keep me going whilst i'm alone.
I'm assuming Pasta in a sauce is near the top of my list, anything else recommended?

Ta.

My mate lived off toast for almost a whole year. His special meal was 'salt & pepper' toast...not even joking. Learn to cook so you never have to live like he did. Watch Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals or some shit like that.

foetus said:
My mate lived off toast for almost a whole year. His special meal was 'salt & pepper' toast...not even joking. Learn to cook so you never have to live like he did. Watch Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals or some shit like that.

Fuck that! Although, I could live off cereal.. I'd prefer to be a bit more flamboyant though.

waterloo blue said:
Pot Noodle.

At over a quid a throw, it's hardly a cheap option. Cheap supermarket noodles at under 20p a packet is a far better option.

When my daughter was at uni, I used to make her meals at home, freeze them, and then send them back with her. Ten pound of spuds(leave the skins on, they go further), bag of frozen peas, bag of frozen carrots, and a tenners worth of minced beef makes about ten home made cottage pies. Put them in foil trays(ten for a quid at poundland or 6 for a quid at morrisons) and it is a cheap, tasty and nutritious meal.
You can make loads of cheap and tasty meals with mince. Chilli and bolognase are just as easy to make and even cheaper. You can store and freeze them in the plastic tubs(same price as the tin foil ones) and just add rice or pasta as required.

stony said:
waterloo blue said:
Pot Noodle.

At over a quid a throw, it's hardly a cheap option. Cheap supermarket noodles at under 20p a packet is a far better option.

When my daughter was at uni, I used to make her meals at home, freeze them, and then send them back with her. Ten pound of spuds(leave the skins on, they go further), bag of frozen peas, bag of frozen carrots, and a tenners worth of minced beef makes about ten home made cottage pies. Put them in foil trays(ten for a quid at poundland or 6 for a quid at morrisons) and it is a cheap, tasty and nutritious meal.
You can make loads of cheap and tasty meals with mince. Chilli and bolognase are just as easy to make and even cheaper. You can store and freeze them in the plastic tubs(same price as the tin foil ones) and just add rice or pasta as required.

Thanks bud, sounds a lot more up my area. Like I said, I have until September to get come basic culinary arts sorted and craft some ideas. Fuck knows how I'll cope in Liverpool after living down south!

Or breed own livestock.

I say hot water + oats + honey as the most scrumptious option.

But pasta would do too. 35p canned tomatoes, 15p pasta. Thats 50p a day.

Invest in a crock pot, put meat and veggies in before you leave for the day and cook on low all day, when you get in dinner is ready.

<a class="postlink" href="http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.