Eberechi Eze

Alvarez out and Eze in? Move Jack central and sign another winger as well as Savio?
Think Jack would've gotten his chance at playing central by now. Doubtful it happens but you never know with Pep.

Just don't know if Grealish can process the game fast enough to be a Pep system midfielder. Not a knock on the player, very few can cut it in Pep's midfield.

That £60 million release clause could be a bargain if this guy has a good euros . Very good footballer .
£68m (8 million in add-ons) for a squad player. We don't need him as it stands. If we lose someone, then maybe.

£68m (8 million in add-ons) for a squad player. We don't need him as it stands. If we lose someone, then maybe.

Realistically who would you like us to sign mate? We still pile have signed Paqueta if the charges would have been dropped anyway? We r can’t get Wirtz (and may never will) Musiala the same? Pep also raises players levels when he works with them? Nunes showed some really nice touches and driving runs but needs game time? The way he can turn under pressure and drive past the opponent is seriously impressive at times and given more composure could have had 6-8 goals last season but just seemed to try too hard when the chance arrived? Rumours of the Saudis coming in for Nunes though so Mendes may nudge him that way for the money? We need some changes now in my opinion to refresh things

Realistically who would you like us to sign mate? We still pile have signed Paqueta if the charges would have been dropped anyway? We r can’t get Wirtz (and may never will) Musiala the same? Pep also raises players levels when he works with them? Nunes showed some really nice touches and driving runs but needs game time? The way he can turn under pressure and drive past the opponent is seriously impressive at times and given more composure could have had 6-8 goals last season but just seemed to try too hard when the chance arrived? Rumours of the Saudis coming in for Nunes though so Mendes may nudge him that way for the money? We need some changes now in my opinion to refresh things
Glad you asked :D

I will try to keep it very real, no fantasy football stuff, etc. Basically, I am operating under the assumption we are not going to lose any players (such as Nunes) and if we are, their limited squad role will be allocated to the likes of Perrone, or maybe Lewis can have more minutes. If we lose some key player (Julian, KDB) then I would look at the likes of Xavi Simmons. I don't think we need a KDB replacement per se; that's Phil (and apparently we want Oscar centrally long-term as well). I know I mentioned Wirtz and Musiala, but these would be luxury signings, so fantastic that we should always look to add these sort of players when/if they become available, but we are good nonetheless.

IN; Bruno G (or Neves), Savio - 2 players, ability (Bruno) and youth (Savio)
OUT; Cancelo, Gomez, Phillips (they essentially didn't participate anyway)

IF POSSIBLE (3rd signing if we have a space/means/were to lose Kyle); Frimpong

Starting 11 (we obviously rotate, and a lot of our players are versatile, so this is just an example):

Ederson (Ortega) - Akanji (Walker) Dias (Stones) Ake, Gvardiol - Rodri (Kova), Bruno (Lewis, Nunes), Foden (KDB), Bernardo (Savio, Bobb), Doku (Grealish), Haaland (Alvarez)

That's 6 defenders for 4 spots. If needed, we can use Rico (7th player) there as well. One way ore another, we seem alright at the back, although I wouldn't be against someone like Frimpong because Kyle is getting older, Rico is more of a midfielder IMO, Manu is necessary across the back 4, and Stonesy has fitness issues. With Frimpong in, we would be well covered here. Even without, as long as Kyle is sticking around we should be alright. I would start Manu at RB, though.

In terms of central midfield areas, we would have 7 players competing for 3 spots - Rodri, Bruno, Foden, KDB, Kova, Nunes and Rico. Bernardo (8th) plays in the middle occasionally as well, so we have more than enough here, IMO.

Moving on to the wide players, we Jack, Jeremy, Bernardo, Oscar and Savio. That's 5 players. I am sure we would sometimes see Phil (6th) on the left as well (although we all prefer him in the middle) to accommodate KDB in the starting 11. Even Nunes played on the right for us. Again, lots of options.

Strikers: Erling and Julian. No further explanation needed.

Anyway, that's 23 players (including Scott). I am not counting Perrone or Echeverri as well.

Summer 2025: See what Kevin does, see what Bernardo does. Then we can reevaluate, see who is available etc.

Incredible story he has had. The kind of mentality we want at City.

I'm not 100% sure he's at our level or better than our other options, he's good, but his story is just the differing development stages of players and how some clubs can't afford to hold onto players without clogging up there Academies.
I do admire his attitude and good luck to him but, I would much sooner we have a look at Jack in a central role.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.