Eberechi Eze

What about a comparison between Eze and Gabri Veiga (available for 34m)?
From what I have seen from Veiga, which is admittedly only 7 or 8 games, he is considerably worse than Eze in almost all parts of the game. What do you reckon from all the games you have watched him play?

i wonder what you were saying about gundo when all the know fuckalls were saying he was shite, because there were quite a few of them, they thought they knew better than pep and the management team.
Always liked Gundo. Only ever had a concern about his longevity given the injuries and back problems. He went on longer than I expected.
But that's neither here nor there, I'm looking at the player Gundo was for us and comparing it to Eze's capabilities. Unless the club is shuffling things around quite a lot in terms of midfield shape I fail to see how Eze fits. I suspect he was on the same list Doku was on.

Eze is obviously no Barella, not even sure why some on this forum compare them. Its not like Barella and Eze would cost us the same and its just Pep/Txiki/Omar who is thinking "Barella is a complete fraud, Eze is twice the player he is so lets spend the money on him instead". Barella is obviously not an option, if he was we would already have tried to sign him.

The comparison between McAtee and Eze is even more ridiculous. Eze was the best player on a mid table PL team last season, scoring 10 goals from a midfield position and got called up for England. McAtee didn't even start half the games in the Championship, failed to make the England u21 squad for the Euros and would probably not be a certain starter in any team in PL.

Very good post. Which suggests JM needs to improve his physical development or consistency, or more likely both.

Something obviously not lacking from Eze.

From what I have seen from Veiga, which is admittedly only 7 or 8 games, he is considerably worse than Eze in almost all parts of the game. What do you reckon from all the games you have watched him play?
From what I have seen, Veiga is a no-brainer at his price. Electric, creative, has a great long-shot on him, technically brilliant, excellent dribbling skill, through-balls. I believe he has a higher ceiling than Eze.

Looking back, we should have paid West Ham what they wanted for Rice, or Brighton for Caicedo, or MacAllister.

There’s no doubt Eze is a talented player. However, the fee being banded about is finished article, top class money and he’s nowhere near that.

I also think if Cole Palmer moved to West Ham, Brighton or Palace and got a similar amount of game time as Eze, he’d be just as good and valued at a similar amount.

We all know the market is fucked but at least Chelsea and Arsenal are spending £100+ million on players guaranteed to start for them. Eze gets nowhere near our starting 11 in a fully fit squad.
When was the last time we had a fully fit squad ? The amount of games we play we need more players! He's a long way ahead of Palmer (and so he should be given he's 4 years older). Eze wouldn't look out of place in our team by any means - great technical ability, eye for a goal, good passer, goes past opponents for fun, almost impossible to knock off the ball, quick with the ball and seems very confident in himself.

Complete bullshit. I could scour YouTube in ten minutes and find a dozen players on the continent who look as good or better than Eze. I wouldn't be clamouring to sign any of them.

The midfield needs an injection of ready made, top class quality. Not a player Pep can mould as a long term project; we've already got Bobb, Palmer and McAtee for that.

If Wirtz is as generational as some on here suggest, throw the fucking kitchen sink at Bayer and get him in, why should we need to wait a year?

It doesn't matter how you dress it up, ~£90mil on Eze is an underwhelming move.
We're in panic mode but that's on the club for leaving it as late as we have to get a much needed midfield addition.
Only a dozen? Get him signed if that's the case.

Palace seem to have a knack of developing decent wingers eg Zaha, Olise. I think you can put Eze in that category, whether he is good enough for City, I'm not sure, but I will trust our scouts and Pep on that.

I've seen him in fewer than that but I must admit I was disappointed when I did see him play.

It appears Italians love their league and country.
Agree. Very similar to UK in that way. Very difficult to get the top players to leave. Outside of Bellingham and now Kane the rest of England's best are in the Prem. Nothing wrong with that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.