Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was laughing and cheering as much as anyone else at the ground when he did it but I’m gonna play devils advocate now

To me he’s just not focusing enough on his game when we’re seemingly in control. Against soton and rags he gave away needless penalties for balls he didn’t need to come for and today his error could’ve led to a goal. Stay in your area son and do the simple things.

No issue at all with him coming out of his area as long as he gets to the ball first which he generally always does.

Crazy motherfucker but you just have to love him, he’s just a nutjob but in the best sense of the word. Absolutely perfect keeper for us and our style of play.

Exactly. Pundits completely miss the point when comparing ederson, Allison and de gea. Firstly, Allison is nowhere near as good with his feet as Ederson and it boils my piss when pundits talk about it as if he is Ederson’s equal. Secondly, De Gea is probably a better ‘pure’ keeper than Ederson. But he’d be useless in our team with our style of play.

Come on Pep.

Play him with Dinho's for a game. Give him a go at any Free kicks and penalties too.

:)

The lad is Uber confident, let's use it to best advantage.

To me he’s just not focusing enough on his game when we’re seemingly in control. Against soton and rags he gave away needless penalties for balls he didn’t need to come for and today his error could’ve led to a goal. Stay in your area son and do the simple things.
He did stay in his area on those occasions, that's why they were penalties.

Exactly. Pundits completely miss the point when comparing ederson, Allison and de gea. Firstly, Allison is nowhere near as good with his feet as Ederson and it boils my piss when pundits talk about it as if he is Ederson’s equal. Secondly, De Gea is probably a better ‘pure’ keeper than Ederson. But he’d be useless in our team with our style of play.

I don’t think they understand not just how many goals he prevents but also how many goals he helps us score by playing as a ‘sweeper/keeper’. Ederson is the reason we can and do play such a high line, which allows us to press as high as we do which creates so many of our goals.

You’ll always have some idiot who wants to say “he’ll cost us a goal”, yes he probably will at some stage and has cost us a couple of penalties recently but the benefits far outstrip the negatives both attacking and defensively. Too many people are scared of breaking tradition when it comes to keepers, too scared to take a risk but Ederson has proven it works but not many will be as brave or as good as Ederson is.

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone, in fact I’d go as far as saying all the 19 other Premier League keepers rolled into 1 couldn’t do what Ederson does for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.