Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 games in against a poor West Ham (who lost 4-0 to United last season) and a 10 man Crystal Palace and I'm hearing Alisson is 'better with his feet than Ederson'. It's started again...

2 games in against a poor West Ham (who lost 4-0 to United last season) and a 10 man Crystal Palace and I'm hearing Alisson is 'better with his feet than Ederson'. It's started again...
Let them enjoy it whilst it lasts, because it probably won't.

Alisson IS good with his feet. But where Ederson really shines is when he's put under pressure, and the very long passing too. Ter Stegen is the only other keeper I've seen anywhere near that level. I've seen enough of Allison to know that he's not quite of that standard. Liverpool fans are ironically falling under the Pickford trap they so lovingly mock which is assessing a keeper's distribution on when nobody is near him.

Alisson against Palace was as good as Bravo against Chelsea as far as distribution is concerned. 8/10 stuff.

Let them enjoy it whilst it lasts, because it probably won't.

Alisson IS good with his feet. But where Ederson really shines is when he's put under pressure, and the very long passing too. Ter Stegen is the only other keeper I've seen anywhere near that level. I've seen enough of Allison to know that he's not quite of that standard. Liverpool fans are ironically falling under the Pickford trap they so lovingly mock which is assessing a keeper's distribution on when nobody is near him.

Alisson against Palace was as good as Bravo against Chelsea as far as distribution is concerned. 8/10 stuff.
+1
===
For our system, given the magic ability to swap any keeper for Ederson for free - a straight up swap, no exchange of money whatsoever - I think that I'd keep Ederson.
Ter Stegen is the closest competitor - but his recent excellent form as a shot-stopper/traditional keeper leaves me wondering it that's just a lucky streak.

Neuer is the 2nd keeper I'd consider swapping for Ederson - but he's been injury prone as of late - an on the ball, he's not in the same class as Ederson.
===
For me, we have the best keeper in the world for our system in Ederson.

Yes - you can find virtually any opinion you like on Twitter, no matter how insane.

Allison is good at distribution, less so when under pressure. He's a great shot stopper and is able to command his box. But he's nowhere near the quality of Ederson/Ter Stegen on the ball - and isn't as good as Neuer as a sweeper keeper. He's a great keeper in my opinion and a huge upgrade for Liverpool. But I prefer Ederson.

Last edited:
Deserves a bit of credit. Had little to do but everything he did he got right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.