Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially, the way he plays invites that possible mistake and could be dangerous. Like his mistake at Liverpool but I’m more than confident he will save us more points and even gain them through his quick breaks than cost us.

I agree but he also has to know when to be cautious, like when playing away at Liverpool.

Agree with all the good things you say about him, but I have a feeling that the odd dropped bollock will be costly and happen just at the wrong time. I will be more than delighted to be wrong btw.
I know what you mean: after all, he did that all the time last season, which is why we finished third with no silverware.

Every now and again he has a brain fart.I still wouldn`t swap him for any other goalie.
Agreed, all players misplace passes at times, even KDB and DS. I am surprised he doesn't mis-kick more passes, he's been remarkably consistent. Probably a bit rusty having not played in pre-season or world cup.

A bit rusty, but nothing more - I expect another excellent season from him and maybe even a goal

He's rusty but we won't have teams really attacking against us until the Champions League starts so it shouldn't bee too big of an issue.

Agree with all the good things you say about him, but I have a feeling that the odd dropped bollock will be costly and happen just at the wrong time. I will be more than delighted to be wrong btw.

Errors will always happen with even the best keeper in Pep's system. It happened to Neuer a few times at Bayern as well. Since there are huge consequences when a pass is misplaced, errors will get exacerbated. However keepers under Pep are not only encouraged to play out from the back, but will get an ear full if they don't try and just lump it up field all the time. You could put an experienced midfielder in goal and they would probably misplace a pass from time to time. Hopefully it's a wake up call to Ederson to step it up this season.

Last year in the league he messed up 3 short passes out of a total of 648 all season. Yesterday in just 1 game it was 3 out of 25.

Not just the short passes that were a problem though. Long ball just 2 successful out of 12 which was way short of last seasons typical long ball accuracy of about 52-55%.

All very weird and hopefully just a one off.

Last year in the league he messed up 3 short passes out of a total of 648 all season. Yesterday in just 1 game it was 3 out of 25.

Not just the short passes that were a problem though. Long ball just 2 successful out of 12 which was way short of last seasons typical long ball accuracy of about 52-55%.

All very weird and hopefully just a one off.

It was his first game since May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.