Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely superb last night. Always makes me laugh when other teams force their gks to try and pass like ederson (see courtois last night) . He is a one off in that regard no one can match his distribution and he made some good saves at key moments.

Absolutely superb last night. Always makes me laugh when other teams force their gks to try and pass like ederson (see courtois last night) . He is a one off in that regard no one can match his distribution and he made some good saves at key moments.

I was brought up on Bert Trautmann and nobody we've ever had since has been able, in my eyes, to hold a candle to the fellah, but Eddie with the ball at his feet and his vision is just something else. The passes out of his area, AAAAAAAARGH, across his area, the little sandwedge chips out to the wings, and then the long torpedo up to the front man who has been left by the big brutish CB as offering little threat (!) are skills that some outfield players struggle to master.

Great shotstopping/catching last night but not convinced by the amount of times he's been whacking it up the pitch recently against Arsenal and Real.

I have said many times he scares me to death, but he was superb last night. Made a couple of excellent saves when things could have swung the other way. I know he does all the great passes but sometimes has not looked good doing the basic goalkeeping stuff. Last night he did it perfectly.

Eddie has redefined goalkeeping along with Peps tutoring. Courtois looked out of his depth trying to find the ball out from the back yesterday. No goalkeeper comes close to Eddie for distribution, and the best thing is any team trying to replicate our style it will cost them hundreds of millions trying to find the players to do so, and they still won't have Eddie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.