Ederson and Jesus cleared to play (Pg 63)

It’s the Brazilian Govt who have done this and it’s their law that has forced FIFA to tell clubs that Brazilian players play for in England that their players can’t play.

FIFA have been the middle man in this.
Prob the same Brazilian nutcase government who have been responsible for the deforestation of the Amazon rainforest ? They get their priorities all wrong , more concerned with their shit football team.

Surely the argument is that the rule is impossible to enforce? There is no requirement to release players 10 days before an international, which would have been necessary for them to play the match. Therefore either the clubs are expected to make a gesture of goodwill (like that would happen) and accept their players are unavailable for the best part of 3 weeks, or the players are obliged to break the law, which is obviously not an acceptable argument as, correct me if I'm wrong, the law takes precedence over FIFA rules.

In fact isn't that exactly what the Argentina players did (break the law) and the Brazilians were quick (or slow, depending on your viewpoint) to shut the game down as a result of that.

This shouldn't even be a discussion

Once again its the quest for money, as much as the glory of the world cup.
I was listening to about the only person left on talksport worth listening to (Tim Vickery) the other day and he was explaining how mad the whole South American qualification is.
So many games having to be shoe horned into a short period. Even with an extra game that they tried to get into this International window...which is what is causing this problem now (with the added 2-3 days tacked on to the original schedule) there are simply not enough dates available to finish the S American qualification process.
...And that is all due to the South american confederations quest for money. As they scheduled an "extra" Copa America into last summer when they could have used it for qualification.
Not sure if it is true but read/heard somewhere that the Spurs players actually travelled without the clubs knowledge and despite not playing are apparently heading back to the UK via Crotaia for some reason.
Personally I take the view that the rules is the rules and if Brazil or toher countries invoke the rule then we simply lose the players. Not ideal and messed up due to money but sadly the rules.
It has to be a level playing field for all as I gather the Colombian/Chilean & Paraguay associations have invoked the rule that impacts other prem clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.