Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bit where he came flying out to stop a through ball over the top by heading it to Mangala on his left even drew applause from some of the Leicester fans.

the-crystals-i-love-you-eddie-philles-records.jpg

With all due respect that first clip is not that impressive compared to what Ederson has already shown at City this season, it's much easier to hit a target when the match isn't in play, no pressure nobody to get in the way of the target.

Have a look back at some of the clips on this thread it's amazing he pings it with pace like no other bang on the spot... Also lets not forget Neuer has played way more games being the older man so you should have a bigger set of examples to choose from(not sure that's the case which is testament to how good Ederson is), to be fair Neuer did set the benchmark for the modern sweeper keeper so extra plaudits for being the first with nobody to emulate.

I don't really feel we need to knock one to praise the other, all that matters is Ederson is quickly emerging as one of the very top keepers in the world this season and a perfect fit for the way City play, I wouldn't swap him for any keeper out there.

It is good that you do not... There is too many people out there that always like the cherry in the neighbour's garden more than that what they already have...

My post was made more with a twinker. I think that players should confirm there performances for a longer period and against a lot of the opponents before you really can start to judge them. And I am reading in the Redcafe since years that De Gea is the best goalkeeper of the world - so that could have been a Manchester syndrome.

But Pep's way to play needs to have a special kind of goalkeeper. Goalkeepers in the mould of e.g. Neuer allows a different kind of play. If you have found that with Ederson that is just great. But each of Pep's teams has other characteristics and other abilities of the single players - and I see that after his first year at Bayern in which he tried to adapt Bayern to much too Barcelona he now tries to adapt his ideas to the players he has and the country he plays in. At Pep's Barcelona it made e.g. no sense for Valdes to play long balls to the offensives. At Bayern there were Lewy, Mandzukic and Müller when it sometimes made sense to do - but as we did not play that vertically or could not because the opponents were set up differently we did less then you do now.

I reckon we'll play teams this season who have outfield players that may not actually be as good as Ederson.

eh, there are many footballers that are miles behind him in passing and understanding the game. His pass is midfield quality, stamina aside, he'd easily play in lot of teams based on it.

I don't think the media in this country actually understand what he does,i don't think they even care to try

they don't but rating stuff is not just him. If you are in better team and didn't have lot of real saves to do during the match they just give you an obligatory 6.

they don't but rating stuff is not just him. If you are in better team and didn't have lot of real saves to do during the match they just give you an obligatory 6.
Thats what i mean,if they understood that he doesn't just makes saves but does other things for the team then they would give him a proper rating but as i say they don't understand his role and aren't interested in learning it

The bit where he came flying out to stop a through ball over the top by heading it to Mangala on his left even drew applause from some of the Leicester fans.

It was truly brilliant. His vision and composure is above what you'd expect of a top centre half let alone a keeper.
Can't believe it wasn't on MOTD, well I can sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.