Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember another keeper making a mistake in his first game ( derby as well).....we were all told he would grow...pep replaced him 2/3s of the way through the season and played Caballero instead.
Wow, the pitchfork sharpening and torch widdling started earlier than expected.

I really was naive in thinking Ederson would be given more than 90 minutes to settle.

I apologise to everyone for my sophomoric mistake.

I remember another keeper making a mistake in his first game ( derby as well).....we were all told he would grow...pep replaced him 2/3s of the way through the season and played Caballero instead.

I honestly thought you were talking about De Gea until it was evendently clear you were on about Bravo!

Who do you think we should have in goal? Name me 1 keeper who hasn't made mistakes ever...

I sat behind our goal first half and got a real good look at him. His presence and confidence was palpable. He didn't hesitate and stopped some good shots. He quickly rolled the ball out to the best available option outfield player after collecting it with no hesitation. He made one mistake and it led to their goal. However it's probably 50/50 that Lukaku scores there even if Eddie stays in net because he was through on goal. Couple him with a fit Kompany and with Kyle Walker and I think we've really turned a corner on our defense. Just one glaring piece missing.

Ederson had a good game, with one glaring error. Keepers know errors often mean goals, and they spend their entire careers trying to correct them. This one might be a blessing in disguise, much as it hurts, because this is best time to get used to the expectations he is about to face. He is 23. He is going nowhere until he drops half a dozen into his own net!

I fully expect him to be the #1 City keeper for the next decade if he is half as good at developing over the next decade as he has been for the last few years.

Wow, the pitchfork sharpening and torch widdling started earlier than expected.

I really was naive in thinking Ederson would be given more than 90 minutes to settle.

I apologise to everyone for my sophomoric mistake.
giphy.gif

I remember when a new keeper was making mistake after mistake for a season and half got slated on here and in the media he is in the scum goal and one of the best goalies on Europe.

I sat behind our goal first half and got a real good look at him. His presence and confidence was palpable. He didn't hesitate and stopped some good shots. He quickly rolled the ball out to the best available option outfield player after collecting it with no hesitation. He made one mistake and it led to their goal. However it's probably 50/50 that Lukaku scores there even if Eddie stays in net because he was through on goal. Couple him with a fit Kompany and with Kyle Walker and I think we've really turned a corner on our defense. Just one glaring piece missing.
Thanks - good to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.