Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but I'm not sure to that extent. I'd be surprised if Donnarumma goes for much more than we're paying for Ederson.
Juventus paid more than we did in Euros for Buffon a long time ago and Sunderland are rumoured to be asking £30M for Pickford a significantly less experienced 'keeper. He might be on the pricey side but probably not by as much as you are suggesting and not outrageously overpriced.

And would Negredo go for the same money as Sergio?

No. Why? Because Sergio is better than Beast.

Tbf at Donnarumma's age Ederson was dropped for not cutting it at youth level, and Donnarumma has 2 senior seasons under his belt.

Anyway, don't want to hate on Ederson, I think he'll be great. As for the price, we'll see which way the market goes.

OK, but he was still a key player for barcelona and he's proven to be a very talented player. I don't understand the mentality of supporters who want to damage their own. If a player is struggling, and he's obviously got talent, you support him. There has been little evidence of City fans doing that. The ironic applause and lack of vocal support for Bravo last season was disappointing.

I don't understand it either, but it's reality, isn't it? One of the reasons modern football has become so complicated these days. It's extremely difficult to predict stuff influencing a given situation, therefore practically impossible to control it 100%...

Guardiola seemed the logical upgrade for Pelegrini, a strategic move in bringing in a talented manager who would work on perfectionizing a style with which the City fanbase would already be familiar. At least that is what you would expect, right? And fulfilling certain prerequisites so as to improve a way of playing. One of them being signing a GK with certain skills, a GK whose profile would be compatible with this way of playing...

Well, Guardiola's analysis of City's current situation was proven wrong:
  1. Debates in this forum until recently show that a percentage of City's fans is still questioning this way of playing.
  2. Fans' attitude towards Bravo has been suicidal, not to mention idiotic.

Guardiola is guilty for not taking into account people's bonds with Joe Hart. Apparently he felt fans would support an established player wearing City's shirt, but you and I know that was not a given, was it? So Guardiola will take the blame for that move. [By the way, there is no irony in my post, I mean it. Guardiola was definitely wrong, he should have known better...]

I'm perfectly sure people like you, me and others will keep supporting Bravo. It could be because we still believe in him. It could also be merely because we fully understand that a player is unlikely, if not impossible, to perform without feeling he is trully trusted by his own fans. Even talented, as you say, experienced players with strong personalities like Bravo can actually fail, if this simple term is not fulfilled. Finally, it could be because we don't want to see 17 million wasted. On the contrary, we want to see a proven GK getting his form back, competing for his place in the team with his teammate, which would be a WW situation for the club no matter who the manager finally selects to field...

Do you need a brain to understand the above mentioned stuff? Before you answer, let me inform you on a guy's post in this forum a few hours ago: He wrote that all of us knew Bravo would fail again next season. No, he wasn't talking about himself. He said he knew for a fact ALL of us agreed that Bravo would fuck up again...

You get my point? You, me, others, will indeed try, no doubt about that. But we'll have to beat the idiots, you understand. There are plenty of them. And they are invincible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.