Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. As it wouldn't have reduced the few chances from going in or our forwards from finishing poorly.

The missed chances are mostly a product of variance and confidence. We've basically just gotten unlucky this year. We should be 8 points behind chelsea, not 11 and Kante disrupts everything. Yaya adds so much negative value to the defense and Kante's workrate would have saved so much energy for Kev and Dave which also would have helped create so many more chances on the counter. Kante adds value to our attack because of that and is a massive, massive, boost to our defense. I think he for sure adds a minimum of 8 points to our squad.

Our confidence would have been much higher and we would have finished more of those chances too.

The missed chances are mostly a product of variance and confidence. We've basically just gotten unlucky this year. We should be 8 points behind chelsea, not 11 and Kante disrupts everything. Yaya adds so much negative value to the defense and Kante's workrate would have saved so much energy for Kev and Dave which also would have helped create so many more chances on the counter. Kante adds value to our attack because of that and is a massive, massive, boost to our defense. I think he for sure adds a minimum of 8 points to our squad.

Our confidence would have been much higher and we would have finished more of those chances too.

Do you think Kante would get away with the number of fouls in a City shirt he does in a Chelsea one? He'd be carded early in games for us.

Do you think Kante would get away with the number of fouls in a City shirt he does in a Chelsea one? He'd be carded early in games for us.

I agree with you and pointed that out this summer. He doesn't get away with as many as you might think though. He already has 13 for chelsea and he's never been sent off.

Kante is not a DM, he occupies No8 areas doing almost nothing in attack, just tackling and intercepting, this means changing one of creative players for Kante. To buy such player you should also change the coach, as it contradicts basic ideas of Pep's game. It would be surely nice to have No8 who can compete for second balls like Kante, but not at expense of passing game that is more crucial for 'positional play' than tackling. Edgar Davids would be ideal, but he's too old :)
To get why Pep doesn't use such players, just rewatch the recent France-Spain friendly and see how Kante copes with skillfull passers/interceptors using positional play - Busquets, Isco, Iniesta, Thiago. I mean, try to find him on the pitch.
Edit: Sorry @FantasyIreland, wrote a comment before reading yours.

Whoops, my Joe post got deleted. Just a silly attempt at humor from my side. Anyways, his fuck up doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Never seen him play that much but heard he's ace in 1v1's and coming out of his box...

Whoops, my Joe post got deleted. Just a silly attempt at humor from my side. Anyways, his fuck up doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Never seen him play that much but heard he's ace in 1v1's and coming out of his box...
Decent keeper from what I've seen (which I admit is precious little) and I'd absolutely love for him to come here but I doubt Benfica wouldn't try to rinse us on this one. They'd be asking for silly figures I think

Decent keeper from what I've seen (which I admit is precious little) and I'd absolutely love for him to come here but I doubt Benfica wouldn't try to rinse us on this one. They'd be asking for silly figures I think

It's the one issue I see that could put us off in approaching some of our targets. The market is ridiculously inflated, and teams that regularly produce great talents like Monaco and Benfica are asking premium money for their products. Benjamin Mendy, Ederson, Semedo and even Mbappe's rumored price tags exceeds their ability to some extent. We'll have to wait and see whether we pull some of these targets off without getting absolutely rinsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.