Ederson wins the Golden Glove, again!

Just realised that Eddies assist was last season, not this :(
Yeah, on the stats that I think are relevant for deciding the golden glove (keeping clean sheets) Pope wins out in nearly every category; I mean, he’s faced nearly twice as many shots as Eddie and still has a slightly better save percentage!

But in nearly every other measure I think is important for a modern keeper, Eddie wins out.

I am a little disappointed he hasn’t registered a single backward pass, though. :-(

840632-CA-EB02-4-D4-F-B2-CD-2-DFFDE3927-EE.jpg

EDB94-C81-6-AB3-4-E05-959-A-C8345-D0-AFB6-B.jpg

Yeah, on the stats that I think are relevant for deciding the golden glove (keeping clean sheets) Pope wins out in nearly every category; I mean, he’s faced nearly twice as many shots as Eddie and still has a slightly better save percentage!

But in nearly every other measure I think is important for a modern keeper, Eddie wins out.

I am a little disappointed he hasn’t registered a single backward pass, though. :-(

840632-CA-EB02-4-D4-F-B2-CD-2-DFFDE3927-EE.jpg

EDB94-C81-6-AB3-4-E05-959-A-C8345-D0-AFB6-B.jpg
2 through balls? That seems a little low to me.

Eddie 15 /34 = 44.11%. Pope 15/37 = 40.54%. Fair play to Pope though given what is has in front of him although at times Eddie has two defenders in front of him whereas Pope has 10. I don't expect Brighton to trouble Pope on Sunday so hopefully we keep a clean sheet as well

Golden Glove awards can be shared, in case anyone was unsure.
I think most know it will be shared if they finish level...

But that’s absolutely no reason not to have a good debate about who “deserves” outright. ;-)

I love Eddie, and think he is the best all-around keeper in the league (and in the top three in the world), but if it is a tie, and they *were* to give it to only one of them, I think it has to go to Pope with his stats this season, especially when you consider what’s in front of him.

He should be England’s number one.

3-F2-CEF3-B-472-F-4-C37-9-D54-43-F92-B54-E6-F5.jpg

C5-EBD102-F6-FC-4-ADB-B6-BD-6259-BE389-EE6.jpg
There are more important stats there than clean sheets that should go towards winning the Golden Glove.

Goalkeepers can do absolutely sod and keep a clean sheet. Clean sheets are more about a manager’s tactics, an entire XIs’ defending and the opposition’s finishing than it is a goalkeeper.

I think this award needs to change. Clean sheets being the only element going to this is like giving a striker the Golden Boot for his team scoring 4+ goals the most times, whether he scores or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hope this dude gets it.

Had a very good season, and I would pay to watch him alone, amazing entertainer.

And another player from halfway around the world who really gets what this club is all about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.