Ederson

Donnarumma would make very little sense for us. Sounds like his agent is just using us to get a new deal at PSG.

I'm still hopeful that we'll price Ederson out of a move to Saudi Arabia, and we'll go into the season with same two keepers as last season. That's the dream scenario.

If Ederson goes we need another top keeper imo. Having two top keepers is obviously difficult to keep both happy but i think for Ortega he is happy enough at his time of life and age to be with the best team in the world, collecting trophies but wanted better money to stay on.

Donnarumma would make very little sense for us. Sounds like his agent is just using us to get a new deal at PSG.

I'm still hopeful that we'll price Ederson out of a move to Saudi Arabia, and we'll go into the season with same two keepers as last season. That's the dream scenario.

Of all the good/great keepers in the world right now, Donnarumma is probably the worst with his feet. He's genuinely bad, he struggles to pass out from the back unless it's a 10 yarder under 0 pressure.

I doubt we would price him out of it, certainly not deliberately. Not sure how true the rumours of €50m asking price are, but that sounds like the reasonable courteous price the club tend to place on our players.

Think if he ends up staying it will be more because Pep would convince him he is better off here, or the Saudis somehow shit the bed. I still partly expect them not to follow through, and end up going for someone like Begovic or Szczesny, after making headlines with Ederson for a while.

My concern with Ederson leaving is that I think when we convinced Ortega to stay we would have offered him the chance of more game time or even the potential for the number 1 spot. If Eddie leaves I am guessing he will think it's his moment to shine.

I can't see him being very happy if we go and sign a £40m-£50m goalkeeper and because of that I can see him being given a season as number 1.

I have no worries if Ederson goes, we have big Scotty Carson to step in when needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.