Ederson

There was no chance that we spend the Ederson money on another keeper this close to the season. Ortega is ready to go, had a summer off, will be involved throughout pre season and has more than earnt his crack at permanent number one.
I agree and as Ortega's already here, played in big games and Pep likes him, I would have no problem with him being our number one.

Speak for yourself, great No2 but as a No1 I would be very worried.
Why?

I understand that he's no Eddie with the ball at his feet and he will need to improve and has since he's been with us, but Pep and the team will have to adapt also while he does.

There isn't an issue with his shot stopping, catching and control of the box and as we bought him, the club must feel that he has the ability to be our number one if needed.

Why?

I understand that he's no Eddie with the ball at his feet and he will need to improve and has since he's been with us, but Pep and the team will have to adapt also while he does.

There isn't an issue with his shot stopping, catching and control of the box and as we bought him, the club must feel that he has the ability to be our number one if needed.
Remember the first goal in the Cup Final

Speak for yourself, great No2 but as a No1 I would be very worried.
agree, somebody from the club def feeding wrong info whole summer, italians journos keep linking us with donnarumma tho, hope both fabrizio and italians wrong tbh. need eddie to stay, otherwise replace him with someone with similar attributes. ortega is a class, but i wouldn't be that arsed if we would sell our no. 2 to replace him with no. 2 rather than vice versa

Ortega is a more than capable #1.

If you were fine with Ederson's performances as of late, you will certainly be satisfied with Ortega. The level is extremely similar at the top. Both these lads are top shelf keepers.

If you were fine with Ederson's performances as of late, you will certainly be satisfied with Ortega. The level is extremely similar at the top. Both these lads are top shelf keepers.
I'd say Ortega is undoubtedly a better shot-stopper... but it was noticeable how much our ability to play out from the back dropped with him versus Ederson, and that's saying a lot because Ortega is better with his feet than most.

In my opinion, losing Eddy would be a far more significant blow than some think.

No I wouldn’t. Ortega is good with his feet but Ederson excels. Considering our whole ethos is building from the back the defence need to be able to always see the keeper as an outlet, they need to know when they show for the ball the keeper can see and make the pass without hesitation, the keeper needs to be able to read the game and pass over or through a press.
As good as Ortega is he isn’t near Ederson and if we lose Ederson we need a keeper that is at least approaching his level with the ball.

No I wouldn’t. Ortega is good with his feet but Ederson excels. Considering our whole ethos is building from the back the defence need to be able to always see the keeper as an outlet, they need to know when they show for the ball the keeper can see and make the pass without hesitation, the keeper needs to be able to read the game and pass over or through a press.
As good as Ortega is he isn’t near Ederson and if we lose Ederson we need a keeper that is at least approaching his level with the ball.
Furthermore there is a reason Ortega has played the majority of his football outside the top German division and isn’t the National keeper
It’s all opinions but for me a great number 2 and great to cover for Edersons injuries etc
However Ederson is world class and has the 10 plus trophies and international pedigree to prove it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.