Edin and Mario?

collie41

The problem with Dzeko is he's a fantastic striker with great skill and a real eye for goal, somedays a worldbeater. But he's a confidence player and at the moment he does'nt have any so he looks poor and puts us under pressure more often than not. I am a big fan of his but in recent weeks he's been a weak link. I put part of the blame at Bobby's feet though, he rotated when Dzeko was flying and he's never got that form back! He's getting the nod over Mario because of the system we are playing, needing a big man to hold the ball. IMO Mario should be starting because when he comes on as a sub he feels the need to get involved and put himself about, as much as i love Mario he isn't a tackler and will get himself booked easily, but when he starts games he seems to grow into it because he has plenty of time to do work his magic!

collie41 said:
The problem with Dzeko is he's a fantastic striker with great skill and a real eye for goal, somedays a worldbeater. But he's a confidence player and at the moment he does'nt have any so he looks poor and puts us under pressure more often than not. I am a big fan of his but in recent weeks he's been a weak link. I put part of the blame at Bobby's feet though, he rotated when Dzeko was flying and he's never got that form back! He's getting the nod over Mario because of the system we are playing, needing a big man to hold the ball. IMO Mario should be starting because when he comes on as a sub he feels the need to get involved and put himself about, as much as i love Mario he isn't a tackler and will get himself booked easily, but when he starts games he seems to grow into it because he has plenty of time to do work his magic!

Thought Ed played well before today, and even today he got an assist. I'm not really sure what your question is as Mario will likely start against Liverpool.

Mario will and should always get the nod ahead of Edin in this formation and form...Dzeko has none so that's really a no brainer....

and for Edin to be back to his form he has to stop coming deep for the ball, his passing is good but at times to slow so the counter stops once the ball reaches him...

and one thing he's probably among the best players in the world and that's being in the box and getting at the end of crosses/passes, but even that he has messed up today with that shot high into the stands when he should have calmly put it past friedel and there would be no dramatic ending to the match...

and as city will continue to play the way they are he will never be fully utilized...he might work his socks off, he might chip in with a fewmore goals and assists but he'll always be number 3 in this club and he will not be sattisfied with that...

I hope that spurs him on to work at that touch and improve overall, but can't see it really...

edin's problem is typical city.

mario's problem is his madness. it's amusing at times, but if he doesn't change all his talent will go to waste.

Edin had a weak game today,shot wildly over twice but did at least get an assist for the 2nd goal with a nice flick on.

Mario in the 20 minutes or whatever had managed to get booked,potentially sent off and done nothing at all on the football positive side and then from nothing gets a penalty and scores from it.

collie41 said:
He was rested for 2 days so he was fresh for our home game against Napoli.

Two fucking days.

If that killed his confidence then he has no right to be at a top club.

JBG said:
collie41 said:

Thought Ed played well before today, and even today he got an assist. I'm not really sure what your question is as Mario will likely start against Liverpool.

Wasn't a question, just a thought really. But have to disagree with Ed playing well recently, i agree he's been putting in a shift but when he plays well everything is so much better for us, and he thrives on goals, against wigan he scored his 14th goal of the season, but he hadn't scored for ages before that! I think he needs to come on when wer'e winning comfortably and get a bit of confidence back, whilst Mario needs to get a good 70/80 mins and wear the opposition down coming off to a standing ovation rather than going on to 1!

For me the best solution is sell Edin , get Cavani or Van Persie.... honestly Dzeko sucks , he is more for german or italian league...

and the fans don't like him at all , that is the first sign to leave...

Bluemoon_bosnia said:
For me the best solution is sell Edin , get Cavani or Van Persie.... honestly Dzeko sucks , he is more for german or italian league...
and the fans don't like him at all , that is the first sign to leave...
Speak for yourself. I love him to bits. He will be the next Bergkamp, just wait and see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.