Edin Doesn't Score Important Goals

rickmcfc

Please don't shout me down, hear what i have to say. Quite simply Dzeko does not score goals, when we need one. If we are winning 3-0, he will score a 4th. If its 0-0 and we need a goal, he simply does not deliver. Here is some interesting reading.

August 28th, scored opener against Tottenham
October 29th, scored 1st and 2nd in a 3-1 win against Wolves.
November 5th, scored 1st against QPR
January 16th, scored 1st against Wigan

All his other goals are "less important". I know your going to come back and say that every goal is important which i agree to a certain extent, but scoring the 6th when we are 5-1 up, is not as important as scoring to make us win 1-0. I feel he is a weak link in our side, and given his oportunities, he should have scored a lot more. He reminds me of Jo, but a better version.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PujJ1_urE1s[/youtube]

Plus, Kolarov scored the 2nd past Wolves

He asnt had many starts really he seems a confidence player and why can't this be in one of the many dzeko threads?

You may have a point , to some degree .....

but any striker , and especially a predator like Dzeko , is only as good as the service he receives .... half , if not more of Rooneys goals , come via other players playing him in ...... and Dzeko has proved on numerous occasions that if decent balls come in from the flanks , he is more than capable of finishing them off.

It seems with City , that unless the likes of Kolarov can get into position to whip in dangerous balls , we struggle to provide much of a service ...... Micah Richards used to chip in , but it hasn't happened much lately.

rickmcfc said:
He reminds me of Jo, but a better version.

Completely agree. Last season I said he needed to be judged on a full season but to date he hasn't acheived what he has been brought in to do.

I don't hate him as a player, but he's heading the way of Jo. He plays with no conviction, so much so I think he was possessed when we played Tottenham away.

Scored first against Wigan, what you on about we only scored one so it was the first and winner. Defeats your own argument!!

Sideways said:
Kept us in the FA cup while 1-0 down at Notts County last year and we all now how our run in that competition ended...bit important.

He's a striker, that's what he's supposed to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.