Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked his stats in Spurs/Chelsea games together:

15 shots but only two shots on target from 15.

Piss poor.

JasminBosnia said:
Game was won in the midfield, I was shocked when I seen DM instead of Milner (or Rodwell) in the first 11. Kolarov had several great crosses, Nasty was wasteful, Vinnie and Zaba was below par, Hart did OK. Yaya and Silva couldn't do much and Negredo was poor. Navas was the best player in blue and hazard on the pitch last night. Jovetic has shown some quality, he should start vs Norwich.

I don't understand this way of thinking, just because others played poorly it isn't a justification for Edin playing bad. You don't see people on the Zabaleta thread saying, well he had a bad game but so did Dzeko!

(I haven't actually looked if there is I'll feel silly. But I doubt it)

Puppet Master Silva said:
JasminBosnia said:
Game was won in the midfield, I was shocked when I seen DM instead of Milner (or Rodwell) in the first 11. Kolarov had several great crosses, Nasty was wasteful, Vinnie and Zaba was below par, Hart did OK. Yaya and Silva couldn't do much and Negredo was poor. Navas was the best player in blue and hazard on the pitch last night. Jovetic has shown some quality, he should start vs Norwich.

I don't understand this way of thinking, just because others played poorly it isn't a justification for Edin playing bad. You don't see people on the Zabaleta thread saying, well he had a bad game but so did Dzeko!

(I haven't actually looked if there is I'll feel silly. But I doubt it)
That'll be Jasmin posting on the Zab thread as we speak then...

kismet said:
The common fallacy rolled out by Chelsea fans is that they were successful before the money from Roman Abramovich arrived. That is true, however what they don't say is that the success was purely based on the hundreds of millions ploughed in by Matthew Harding RIP. He put that much money into the club that they named a stand after him. So they began their success story with Matthew's money.

As for the game , if you play a top team you have to have your best 11 available, Chelsea did, but we had 3 missing. Nasri, Aguerro and Ferny who have been our best 3 players this season.

As for Edin he was poor but so were many more, some worse than him.

I would not let him go until we have a better replacement and the jury is still out on Jovetic. He did his part in our Championship winning year, Edin is a good player.

Micah did his part in the winning year also. Doesn't mean you can sustain a level indefinitely. Dzeko has scored some wonder goals for us in the past but recently he has been so inconsistent, it is hurting us

City & Blue Brazil said:

images
:D

Puppet,

I did not want to justify Edin's bad performance, just wanted to say something about overall team performance. If I had a dig at everyone bar Edin I would mention Alvaro's touch of an elephant that put MCFC in hazardous situation couple of times, Silva missed two great chances, Yaya missed good chance after Edin's nice lay off, etc.

Edin had poor finishing and he should convert those chances as of now.

You should all be behind entire team as they need your 100% support in order to win as many titles as they could.

I understand most of you do not rate Edin, so he need to score goals and play well when dropping deep in order to get praise here. I've read few other threads and last week he was going nowhere, but in majority bluemoon posters opinion club need to get rid of him asap as of last night. What a turn around.

Cheers.

I agree with the post above.

Last few weeks when Edin kept city going by scoring timely goals "he was going nowhere". But now, when he played one game poorly (as did everyone else), the club should all of a sudden get rid of him.

Some say Edin is not world class player, and that may or may not be true. But are these City fans that glorify the player one week and ask for his transfer the next qualify as world class fans?

Is a world class fan one who changes like the wind and one day supports a player and the next does not? I dont think so.

kippaxchris said:
Thought he started the first 10 minutes well and looked up for it but after that he became the normal Dzeko who stands still during attacks, looks away from the keeper on goal kicks, cant control, doesnt like to run into the box for crosses and spends his time playing on the outside of our full backs
This all day long. If he plays like that against barca we'll be chasing shadows again like we did most of the time v Chelsea and Bayern. He needs to understand that every player has to work his bollocks off, keep his head up and stop looking for the ball to be laid on a plate to him.

JasminBosnia said:
City & Blue Brazil said:

images
:D

Puppet,

I did not want to justify Edin's bad performance, just wanted to say something about overall team performance. If I had a dig at everyone bar Edin I would mention Alvaro's touch of an elephant that put MCFC in hazardous situation couple of times, Silva missed two great chances, Yaya missed good chance after Edin's nice lay off, etc.

Edin had poor finishing and he should convert those chances as of now.

You should all be behind entire team as they need your 100% support in order to win as many titles as they could.

I understand most of you do not rate Edin, so he need to score goals and play well when dropping deep in order to get praise here. I've read few other threads and last week he was going nowhere, but in majority bluemoon posters opinion club need to get rid of him asap as of last night. What a turn around.

Cheers.

I think I've been more than fair in my assessment in recent weeks. My stance all along has been that we should try and get the best out of Edin and sell him in the summer. He's just not the right fit for this team despite the fact he was playing very well up until the Watford game. He was in fine form but I'm not fickle enough to think he warrants a contract extension. With Jovetic looking good and hopefully keeping fit from here on out it would be good if we could sign a promising young 20 year old in the summer as the 4th member of our strike force and then let Edin go and rip it up for Dortmund/Valencia/Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.