Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Seosa said:
Should never have taken the penalty.

Was there for the goal, good poacher's instinct.

Very sloppy at times, poor decision making here and there.

Should've gone off instead of Tevez and nowhere near Man of the Match.

Nonetheless, 6/10.

The sooner people realize that it's not Edin's strength to come back and make plays outside the box(passing, give and go type plays) the easier it will be. Based on Tevez's performance in terms of ball control, passing and so on, you'd probably give him an 8/10 or even better(he did have one huge miss and sloppy at times)..The thing is, if a guy like Dzeko scores a goal(and had 1 good header, was responsible for a red card to the opposition, beauty pass to Tevez) you'd think that deserves more than a 6/10. Not sure how you can give little credit to someone who could have had at least 2 if not 3 goals.

If there's anything i dont like consistently about Dzeko's game is his running ability. I get pissed at him quite often for not being hungrier more often(like he has shown in the past). Everything else i'm quite happy about. The stuff about him not controlling the ball well or bad vision..Everyone does that and maybe it happens to him more but again..Give me Dzeko's sloppy playing with GOALS and i'd take that any day over Tevez and Balo's flashiness without them. At the end of the day, nobody will give you the win because you had more chances or controlled the ball better.

ManCFC19 said:
Seosa said:

Nonetheless, 6/10.

The sooner people realize that it's not Edin's strength to come back and make plays outside the box(passing, give and go type plays) the easier it will be. Based on Tevez's performance in terms of ball control, passing and so on, you'd probably give him an 8/10 or even better(he did have one huge miss and sloppy at times)..The thing is, if a guy like Dzeko scores a goal(and had 1 good header, was responsible for a red card to the opposition, beauty pass to Tevez) you'd think that deserves more than a 6/10. Not sure how you can give little credit to someone who could have had at least 2 if not 3 goals.

If there's anything i dont like consistently about Dzeko's game is his running ability. I get pissed at him quite often for not being hungrier more often(like he has shown in the past). Everything else i'm quite happy about. The stuff about him not controlling the ball well or bad vision..Everyone does that and maybe it happens to him more but again..Give me Dzeko's sloppy playing with GOALS and i'd take that any day over Tevez and Balo's flashiness without them. At the end of the day, nobody will give you the win because you had more chances or controlled the ball better.
spot on!

Dzeko started 4 games and scored 4 goals.

I just don't understand some people here who consistently woman about how poor is his this or that. The man scores. That is what a striker should do.

For those of you preferring smooth game and beatiful movements - may I suggest ballet. You'll probably be happier there.

@OptaJoe
88.90 - Only Javier Hernandez (74.75) has a better minutes per goal ratio in the PL this season than Edin Dzeko (88.90) (2+ goals). Finish.

noise said:
ManCFC19 said:
Seosa said:

Nonetheless, 6/10.

spot on!
I also agree.

A Manchester City striker, who was hired to score goals.
Not quite time to send him down the road yet.

You silly bastards.

Benarbia said:
Still hate him. Disgrace he took the pen

Started 4 games, scored 4 goals.
Today, drew a red card (which basically halfway finished the game). Sure - missed a penalty, but scored another one.

The only people who should hate him given his performance is the Rags, or a City fan on some heavy LSD.

I thought he was great.

His hold up play was integral to our win, as was his impressive pressing, desire, aerial ability and lovely link up play.

This man has to start the next game, fitness be damned. He's developing a real weirdly arrogant type of attitude when he scores and it is absolutely working for him.

I must admit that one of the things that I never liked about Dzeko was how he was so nice about not playing. Now the lad is killing himself to score every goal, press every keeper for the second ball, make that extra run into the box. He's fighting for every inch, fighting for his place every game and smugly feeling achievement once he satisfies. To me, this is the perfect attitude to have

People on here will know that I'm one of Dzeko's biggest critics in recent years but in the last couple of weeks, he's reacted and shown us something else, culminating in a great "big man" performance today. Luck aside, he could have had a hattrick today at an incredibly tough ground to go to.

Guaranteed starter at the moment.

kismet said:
In over 100 years we have only won the Title three times. We had some wonderful goalscorers who led us to the title on each occasion, they are -

Brook
Doherty
Herd
Tilson

Summerbee
Lee
Bell
Young

Love u Nlue
Aguerro
Balotelli
Dzeko

For me the history books will record their magnificent achievements and in my opinion they will all be regarded as legends.
I don't give a fcuk City win utd loose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.