Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

rnblade said:
I went crazy in the lounge singing 'Edin Dzekkooooo ooooooo to my little 18 month year old lad who started dancing. Love it! Great strike! It's got to be difficult not to select him.

I have no idea what this means, but sounds great :-)))<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:19 am --<br /><br />
WimbledonRd said:
FrankSinatra,

Interesting analysis. However, I dont think it is really correct. First, Dzeko had already been a center of offense for few seasons in Germany and it worked really well. Sure, he scored a lot from quality wingers, however many of his goals came from play as well. And also, its evident here that he is not anyone's first choice when passing the ball. Dzeko often gets overlooked and is passed the ball only when everyone else up top is unavailable. Well, that by definition means that this attack is less likely to produce a score.

So I dont think you are being as objective. Dzeko is just as good as Aguero or Tevez when given the same opportunity and same attention as these two guys enjoy all along. You fant be a third choice all the time and outscore everyone else. Yet Dzeko is consistently doing it.

100% true !

franksinatra said:
Excellent finish by Edin today but similar to Adam Johnson we see many of his best moments late in the game against tire defences, when opposition defences are defending deep and City are pushing for victory.

If Dzeko started regularly the same old problems will surface. A bad first touch, less cohesion in the passing between the attacking players, less movement upfront.

When teams defend deep he is perfect backing into players, working the areas around the 18 yeard box. However in the context of a full game, to take control of the game and stretch sides, the passing between Aguero, Tevez, Nasri, Silva, Yaya allows us to dictate the game. Too often Edin slows down the play or does not link with the others players as effectively.

If we had wingers it maybe different for Edin but I wouldnt change the methodology of playing as I doubt he would outscore a Tevez or Aguero overe the course of the season or enable us to dictate the game as effectively

This simply doesn't hold water - where did you get an idea for this nebulous analysis anyway, in article about Berbatov ?! Yeah, probably, because paragraph that I put in bold looks like a copy/paste of the article about Berbatov' departure from Trafford !!! Any sort of freak coincidence would be quite remarkable.

But anyhow, you really have to be pretty silly, to put it mildly, and claim with straight face that Edin slows down the play/attack, especially since those people with decent eyesight perceived Edin's counter-attacks as pretty serious shit so far, particularly serious for ... hm, Arsenal, spuds, rags, etc. last season and Real Madrid few days ago.
O, dear, what a hopeless task...

WimbledonRd also made a good point in response to this shoddy analysis

WimbledonRd wrote:
FrankSinatra,
Interesting analysis. However, I dont think it is really correct. First, Dzeko had already been a center of offense for few seasons in Germany and it worked really well. Sure, he scored a lot from quality wingers, however many of his goals came from play as well. And also, its evident here that he is not anyone's first choice when passing the ball. Dzeko often gets overlooked and is passed the ball only when everyone else up top is unavailable. Well, that by definition means that this attack is less likely to produce a score.
So I dont think you are being as objective. Dzeko is just as good as Aguero or Tevez when given the same opportunity and same attention as these two guys enjoy all along. You fant be a third choice all the time and outscore everyone else. Yet Dzeko is consistently doing it.

He scores the vast majority of times he comes off the bench.

Imo we should start aguero and tevez and bring big edin on about the 60 mark.

Ive slagged him off a lot but hes crucial to winning a league.

goalsi.jpg

ban-mcfc said:

That's exactly what this "bosnian fan boy" as yorkers would say think.. Tevez and Aguero should start more games as Dzeko definitely looks better when he comes from the bench but it doesn't mean he should be introduced in 88th minute when score is 1:1.. it's just plain and simple - stupid.

I do think he should get more game time but he looks no where near as good when he starts compared to when he comes of the bench.

ban-mcfc said:

Agree with this.
A very different type of player to our other strikers. Excellent option when things not going our way going forwards

At this point he looks good coming from the bench simply because he's angry and trying to make a point. I wouldn't hope he'll stay beyond January if this situation continues - after all Juve preparing new offensive again in winter...

Nice article at b/r :

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1352899-manchester-city-edin-dzeko-becoming-sky-blues-rescue-man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1352 ... rescue-man</a>

I'm so sorry , that the Bosnian are making so much troubles here on the forum... anyway I'm happy for Edin , I'm Happy for the club thats all... Good luck against Borussia ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.