Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

greasedupdeafguy said:
I do think he should get more game time but he looks no where near as good when he starts compared to when he comes of the bench.

Mmm. How do I say 'what a sh*t post' in English?

Oh wait...

WHAT A SH*T POST!!

The difference between last year and this, so far, is that Edin has realised he can't rely on playing a number of games to keep his confidence up. He has to have that self belief in himself to score whenever he gets half a chance (proof of which almost happened at The Bernabeu with his first real touch of the ball).

It's been a revelation in his own head that he is at a club where the chance to make a great impression are few and few between. His manager is a hard task master and it's up to him to convince Mancini he is right for this great club of ours.

I suspect Mancini already knows this.

Bigga said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I do think he should get more game time but he looks no where near as good when he starts compared to when he comes of the bench.

Mmm. How do I say 'what a sh*t post' in English?

Oh wait...

WHAT A SH*T POST!!

The difference between last year and this, so far, is that Edin has realised he can't rely on playing a number of games to keep his confidence up. He has to have that self belief in himself to score whenever he gets half a chance (proof of which almost happened at The Bernabeu with his first real touch of the ball).

It's been a revelation in his own head that he is at a club where the chance to make a great impression are few and few between. His manager is a hard task master and it's up to him to convince Mancini he is right for this great club of ours.

I suspect Mancini already knows this.
Okay dont really get what all that has to do with what I said but I still stick by my statement that Dzeko is much better coming off the bench than when he starts.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Okay dont really get what all that has to do with what I said but I still stick by my statement that Dzeko is much better coming off the bench than when he starts.

This seems to get quoted a lot on here,do the stats back it up or is it just a lazy opinion often repeated,did he start on the bench in the opening games of last season when he was scoring for fun?

The only reason he is getting the reputation as an impact player is because his starting opportunities are so few and far between.

royle said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

This seems to get quoted a lot on here,do the stats back it up or is it just a lazy opinion often repeated,did he start on the bench in the opening games of last season when he was scoring for fun?

The only reason he is getting the reputation as an impact player is because his starting opportunities are so few and far between.

Hm...

I think I need to say stuff in fewer words, like your good self, for hard of understanding...

royle said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

byronic said:
royle said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Comrade Buka said:
byronic said:
royle said:

royle said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I agree. The chances are so few and far between he has to really impress when given the chance and he's doing just that. I'd like to see him start more but I don't think anyone can break the Tevez-Aguero partnership.

The Tevez-Aguero partnership only looked good against Norwich away, imo.
I've seen little or no evidence of it being especially effective since then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.