Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Dzeko (along with other players) has been a central part of our most successful ( I think I am correct in saying this) era. Obviously he's not as skilful as Aguero, Tevez, Silva and Ya Ya or has the combative attributes of a Zabaletta or Kompany.

Perhaps the word "legend" is overused (and it should used very sparingly because some legends can ultimately let you down) but in my eyes Dzeko is a City legend. Some might say that the goal against QPR alone (or the time wasting at Everton!) should guarantee him this but I think its the fact that he's scored so many important goals over a 3 year period and has (up to now) conducted himself so well at the club (apart from a minor tantrum in Munich) which gives him this status.

Some City fans seem to take the fact that Dzeko scores goals for granted. As if we are such a good team that any competent striker could get the goals he does. Well Negrado's (who I am sure will come good again) drop in form shows this isn't the case. Imagine if Chelsea and Arsenal had had Dzeko last season.

The Goat is quietly rightly loved by City fans, the reason being mainly that he scored goals and Dzeko deserves at least our admiration (even during the games where for 1000 time he loses an aerial challenge!!).

I really hope City are doing their best to agree a new contract with him because I fear if he does go we will miss him more than people realise.

Revolver said:
Dzeko (along with other players) has been a central part of our most successful ( I think I am correct in saying this) era. Obviously he's not as skilful as Aguero, Tevez, Silva and Ya Ya or has the combative attributes of a Zabaletta or Kompany.

Perhaps the word "legend" is overused (and it should used very sparingly because some legends can ultimately let you down) but in my eyes Dzeko is a City legend. Some might say that the goal against QPR alone (or the time wasting at Everton!) should guarantee him this but I think its the fact that he's scored so many important goals over a 3 year period and has (up to now) conducted himself so well at the club (apart from a minor tantrum in Munich) which gives him this status.

Some City fans seem to take the fact that Dzeko scores goals for granted. As if we are such a good team that any competent striker could get the goals he does. Well Negrado's (who I am sure will come good again) drop in form shows this isn't the case. Imagine if Chelsea and Arsenal had had Dzeko last season.

The Goat is quietly rightly loved by City fans, the reason being mainly that he scored goals and Dzeko deserves at least our admiration (even during the games where for 1000 time he loses an aerial challenge!!).

I really hope City are doing their best to agree a new contract with him because I fear if he does go we will miss him more than people realise.
This all day and its not just goals its the important goals that really matter like Bolton QPR Everton etc and wasn't he the highest scorer in the league cup this year ?

JasminBosnia said:
Donkey. sell!

The following players are/were better than him:

Darius Vassel
Crouch
Jo
Samaras
Any second division player
Bony fooking Bony
Adebayor
Andy C
Midson
George Donnelly
Corradi
Chicharito
Welbeck
Gomez
etc.

Sign active ones to make everyone happy :D.

Out of all these players you've listed you decided to emphasise Bony who is arguably the best on the list, proving you know nothing outside of Bosnian football. Also not one of those players cost half of Dzeko's price tag, so hardly a fair comparison.

You ironically call Dzeko a donkey, but we're not the fans who booed the best strikers in their country's history because they lost in a fucking friendly, great support Bosnians!

Also why the fuck is there an Edin Dzeko 'Legend' thread? He's about 8th in line for such an accolade.

Puppet Master Silva said:
JasminBosnia said:
Donkey. sell!

Darius Vassel
Crouch
Jo
Samaras
Bony fooking Bony
Adebayor
Andy C
Midson
George Donnelly
Corradi
Chicharito
Welbeck
Gomez
etc.

Out of all these players you've listed you decided to emphasise Bony who is arguably the best on the list, proving you know nothing outside of Bosnian football. Also not one of those players cost half of Dzeko's price tag, so hardly a fair comparison.

You ironically call Dzeko a donkey, but we're not the fans who booed the best strikers in their country's history because they lost in a fucking friendly, great support Bosnians!

Also why the fuck is there an Edin Dzeko 'Legend' thread? He's about 8th in line for such an accolade.
Because he helped us win 4 trophies?

syedorf said:
JasminBosnia said:
Donkey. sell!

Darius Vassel
Crouch
Jo
Samaras
Bony fooking Bony
Adebayor
Andy C
Midson
George Donnelly
Corradi
Chicharito
Welbeck
Gomez
etc.

So did Kolarov.

syedorf said:

So did Kolarov.

Another legend who has beaten the boo boys!

What's happened to the guy who used to post the Ibisevic video all the time. His posts were a bit like Boring James Milner on acid.

I recall he used to liven the Dzeko discussion up a fair bit!!

True but kolarov didn't score the goals that won them ant to be fair the players who have been here through it all e.g komps zaba Dav yaya dzeko etc are all legends just like the last team that won stuff for us.

syedorf said:
True but kolarov didn't score the goals that won them ant to be fair the players who have been here through it all e.g komps zaba Dav yaya dzeko etc are all legends just like the last team that won stuff for us.

Kolarov got 7 assists in the Prem this season?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqWRbGlJFI8[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjqUiN-6Mdw[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F7YScZGBms[/video]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.