Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

andrewmswift said:
another goal that no one remembers because we fell apart defensively but was the one to put us up 1-0 at madrid. at the time that looked like it was a huge changing of the guard. and then the next twenty minutes happened.
What an incredible moment that was. 1-0 up in the Bernabeu. One of my favourite ever City goals.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
andrewmswift said:
another goal that no one remembers because we fell apart defensively but was the one to put us up 1-0 at madrid. at the time that looked like it was a huge changing of the guard. and then the next twenty minutes happened.
What an incredible moment that was. 1-0 up in the Bernabeu. One of my favourite ever City goals.

I had forgotten about that one. Probably because of the final result but that night when we led twice had me buzzing. I think kolarov scored the other goal

Interesting comments from MP in his press conference for Liverpool (at 5.25 in part 2) on the OS.

Journalist: "Edin is prodiucing his most consistent form under your management. Do you know why?"

MP: "I think he has convinced himself he can't just play as a striker waiting to score 1 goal. He has to play 95 minutes every game, not only scoring but working for the team, making the moves we always make in attacking. I think he is one of the players that has improved more in his attitude in the game".

So there you have it from the man who knows best. Everyone on here seems to acknowledge his great and consistent goalscoring record but the big critcism on here is always about his attitude. Matty used the expression "great goalscorer but not a great footballer". Maybe if he continues with the great attitude, particularly as showcased last week at Newcastle, he will progress to be a great footballer up there with the absolute best.

Just needs to work on the Jekyll and Hyde first touch now :::)))

jared said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
andrewmswift said:

I had forgotten about that one. Probably because of the final result but that night when we led twice had me buzzing. I think kolarov scored the other goal

Dzeko's goal was great, but I didn't get ahead of myself because Ronaldo was having Maicon's life. Kolarov did get the 2nd from a crossed free kick, when that went in I was absolutely buzzing as I thought we were going to get it done. The last goal we conceded was unforgivable in my eyes.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Interesting comments from MP in his press conference for Liverpool (at 5.25 in part 2) on the OS.

Journalist: "Edin is prodiucing his most consistent form under your management. Do you know why?"

MP: "I think he has convinced himself he can't just play as a striker waiting to score 1 goal. He has to play 95 minutes every game, not only scoring but working for the team, making the moves we always make in attacking. I think he is one of the players that has improved more in his attitude in the game".

So there you have it from the man who knows best. Everyone on here seems to acknowledge his great and consistent goalscoring record but the big critcism on here is always about his attitude. Matty used the expression "great goalscorer but not a great footballer". Maybe if he continues with the great attitude, particularly as showcased last week at Newcastle, he will progress to be a great footballer up there with the absolute best.

He needs to do it more often, I'd much rather have the Edin we had against Newcastle than one who plays poorly or averagely but still bags a goal. Towards the back end of last season you could see he was working harder, hopefully it's a permanent change.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:

His one ''weak'' point. Sometimes, when he traps the ball, it goes further than I can kick it! Then, at other times, he'll pull a rabbit from the hat like the back heel to set up Merlin up at Sid James' Park.

Charlie Nichols has just been talking about him on soccer Saturday "I'm surprised bigger clubs haven't come in for him"

What an absolute ****.

jimharri said:
Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:

His one ''weak'' point. Sometimes, when he traps the ball, it goes further than I can kick it! Then, at other times, he'll pull a rabbit from the hat like the back heel to set up Merlin up at Sid James' Park.

At this point of his career something's just wont change. Dzeko will never have Silvas touch. What he will do is work for the team and score goals. As long as he's doing that effectively I don't see the point of flogging a dead horse.

adrianr said:
jimharri said:
Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:

At this point of his career something's just wont change. Dzeko will never have Silvas touch. What he will do is work for the team and score goals. As long as he's doing that effectively I don't see the point of flogging a dead horse.

Bit harsh.

Puppet Master Silva said:
adrianr said:
jimharri said:

Bit harsh.
Well, at least he didn't say "a dead donkey" ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.