Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Why on earth can't we just be happy when our lads are playing well for us? I don't care who is scoring and on top form as long as someone is! If it's Sergio, Carlos or Edin I couldn't be bothered I'm just happy when they're playing well. If they're not then it's understandable to be on them but as good as Edin has been this month, how can we question him right now?

noise said:
Dzekos Smile said:
All the Dzeko fan boys will be on the Chelsea forum in January :)
I wonder about this myself. I think Dzeko is loyal and he also likes City. If anything I see him going to Juventus in January instead of joining a competing team in premiership.

But I don't think Juventus can afford what City will ask for him, so Dzeko will probably continue to sit on the bench until he depreciates in value for another team to buy him.

Rumor is City would not let him go for less than £30 mill, which is a ridiculous price for a striker who's used in a substitute capacity. He's certainly worth it though.

Chelsea can definitely afford Dzeko and they would use him in their starting 11, which is what he wants (what any player would want).

We could see City getting Falcao, and Chelsea getting Dzeko, which could get very interesting.

What I think is Falcao in Milan

Torres back to AM

Dzeko to Chelsea

Why is this being dragged on?

I quite like Dzeko, but he got his start against Ajax and wasn't great (Personally, I thought his touch and build up play were good but his finishing was bad which for a striker, is most important). With this, I'd say Aguero and Tevez will be the starting 2 for the majority of weekends. However, they won't be able to do it alone so we need Dzeko and Balotelli to be there and theres no need to argue about who's going, staying and such.

shikariblue said:

I quite like Dzeko, but he got his start against Ajax and wasn't great (Personally, I thought his touch and build up play were good but his finishing was bad which for a striker, is most important). With this, I'd say Aguero and Tevez will be the starting 2 for the majority of weekends. However, they won't be able to do it alone so we need Dzeko and Balotelli to be there and theres no need to argue about who's going, staying and such.

If you say Dzeko was not good against Ajax, why didn't Mancini bench Aguero the next game? Than no matter how "bad" Dzeko was against Ajax, he was for sure on of best Citizens out there, and much better than Kun. And as for finishing, no one of our other strikers can compete with Dzekos current form.

So your logic is: No matter how good Dzeko is, and no matter Kun's form, Aguero is always to start before Dzeko?

If the team is really better without Dzeko, then I wouldn't have any problem with it. But the partnership Kun-Tevez worked only so well at the end of the last year. Now Mancini is ready to experiment with our defence as much as he likes, but in the attack, those two are set. It's something between Dzeko and Mancini, and if Dzeko is fine with it, I'm too.

But anyhow, although out off topic, I've lost my faith in Mancini long time ago. Given the quality of the squad we have, one FA cup and one PL title aren't enough. We should have won the league long before the last seconds of the season last year. And also the smashing we received from Dortmund and Ajax is for me a sign that Roberto is no top manager. But that's just my opinion, whereas the Dzeko issue is based on facts :)

kara54 said:
shikariblue said:

If you say Dzeko was not good against Ajax, why didn't Mancini bench Aguero the next game? Than no matter how "bad" Dzeko was against Ajax, he was for sure on of best Citizens out there, and much better than Kun.

So your logic is: No matter how good Dzeko is, and no matter Kun's form, Aguero is always to start before Dzeko?

If the team is really better without Dzeko, then I wouldn't have any problem with it. But the partnership Kun-Tevez worked only so well at the end of the last year. Now Mancini is ready to experiment with our defence as much as he likes, but in the attack, those two are set. It's something between Dzeko and Mancini, and if Dzeko is fine with it, I'm too.

But anyhow, although out off topic, I've lost my faith in Mancini long time ago. Given the quality of the squad we have, one FA cup and one PL title aren't enough. We should have won the league long before the last seconds of the season last year. And also the smashing we received from Dortmund and Ajax is for me a sign that Roberto is no top manager. But that's just my opinion, whereas the Dzeko issues is based on facts :)

No, my basis is that Aguero is a technically better link-up player who gets into gaps and is a nightmare for defenders. Not that Dzeko isn't a nightmare but Aguero offers more dimensions to City's game. Truth is, regardless of anyone else's opinion, it's Mancinis that counts and Dzeko will only start maybe 1 every 2/3/4 games. I agree that Dzeko should have started against Swansea though, seeing as his height and power advantage against their CB's would have been a good outlet.

shikariblue said:
kara54 said:
shikariblue said:

If you say Dzeko was not good against Ajax, why didn't Mancini bench Aguero the next game? Than no matter how "bad" Dzeko was against Ajax, he was for sure on of best Citizens out there, and much better than Kun.

But anyhow, although out off topic, I've lost my faith in Mancini long time ago. Given the quality of the squad we have, one FA cup and one PL title aren't enough. We should have won the league long before the last seconds of the season last year. And also the smashing we received from Dortmund and Ajax is for me a sign that Roberto is no top manager. But that's just my opinion, whereas the Dzeko issues is based on facts :)

No, my basis is that Aguero is a technically better link-up player who gets into gaps and is a nightmare for defenders. Not that Dzeko isn't a nightmare but Aguero offers more dimensions to City's game. Truth is, regardless of anyone else's opinion, it's Mancinis that counts and Dzeko will only start maybe 1 every 2/3/4 games. I agree that Dzeko should have started against Swansea though, seeing as his height and power advantage against their CB's would have been a good outlet.

clearly kun has showed that these past weeks /sigh. tell me again who is top scorer for city ? who has saved us points this season ?

AntiUnited said:
shikariblue said:
kara54 said:

clearly kun has showed that these past weeks /sigh. tell me again who is top scorer for city ? who has saved us points this season ?

Again, don't think I'm slagging Dzeko. I think he's a top player. But Aguero doesn't turn shit overnight.

I always stated that I'm Bosnian, surely Dzeko-biased but trying to be objective as much as I can, but I also never slag off any other player. Even when everybody was crazy about Tevez last year, I was not. I also accept that Aguero and Tevez, taken everything into account, are better players than Dzeko. I just now and then have to argue when someone states Balo is better than him, but that's another story.

Nevertheless, in the current form, Dzeko simply deserves a run of games. When this guy starts firing, he does not stop very soon. I mentioned it in one of my first posts. This was so in Wolfsburg and actually this is also true at City. But he isn't given a real chance, here.

No one who watched the game can say Dzeko was poor against Ajax. He was one of our best, imo. together with Milner and Clichy. He played overall very well, and had two chances to score, but those were no sitters.

The first one he made a good run, took the ball down perfectly with his chest. It could have gone beyond the keeper, Edin tried to put it through keeper's legs, it did not. But for sure this was not because of lack of skill. The other one he created on his own, as he is often said not being able to. That didn't look so fancy like Silva, Kun, but it was effective. He was closed down, tried to pass the keeper, and was unlucky again.

Yes, he was offside twice, Kun was once. And what? Strikers are supposed to be offside now and then. Sometimes they start to run too early, sometimes the pass comes too late, or the defense just made a good job (Many try to ignore stats, but "being twice offside in a game" is just some kind of stats, too). Nasri also missed a shot badly, Aguero hit it over the bar from outside the box. Everyone misses.

But at the end it is Dzeko who is the one who has to be benched because he did not take his chance well.

C'mon guys, this is ridiculous. With his contribution so far this season, top scorer in the team, top scorer in the current WC-quali... BL-top-scorer 2009/10, 48 goals in two BL-seasons. That means this guy is a top player, mature, in his best ages, maybe also getting into best form....

No, I don't think a sensible football mind could explain Mancini's unwillingness to play him by logical means. If you say Roberto just does not like him, maybe he just likes fancy looking players more, ok. If it's for his bad behavior in Munich, than what's with Tevez.

But if you are with City and want City to become better, than there is no logical explanation to me.

Trying to statistically explain the superiority of Kun-Tevez partnership, because all games started with them were won, is just ignoring how the games were won and goes in hand with the super-sub tag. If you go on with statistics, than you also have to argue against Dzeko's goals/minute stats, and the number of goals he scored in total to other strikers.

And if it is that Dzeko is better from the bench, than it's just a myth. There is just no evidence for it. Before he came to City, Dzeko was not a sub for years. And here, he never was a starter. A game every few months is not enough to prove it. Dzeko should be given a chance. Now, when he is on form. And I'm talking about a real chance, at least 5 starts or more. One still can play Kun/Tevez, and sometimes Balo. But Dzeko should be given his chance. And it would be best for the team if he would take it. But if Roberto gives him a few starts now and then, it's is unfair to expect him to deliver. It can happen, but who knows. It doesn't generally depend only on a player himself.

PS: Damn, I did not want this post to go so long. But tnx if you read it ;)

kara54 said:
I always stated that I'm Bosnian, surely Dzeko-biased but trying to be objective as much as I can, but I also never slag off any other player. Even when everybody was crazy about Tevez last year, I was not. I also accept that Aguero and Tevez, taken everything into account, are better players than Dzeko. I just now and then have to argue when someone states Balo is better than him, but that's another story.

Nevertheless, in the current form, Dzeko simply deserves a run of games. When this guy starts firing, he does not stop very soon. I mentioned it in one of my first posts. This was so in Wolfsburg and actually this is also true at City. But he isn't given a real chance, here.

No one who watched the game can say Dzeko was poor against Ajax. He was one of our best, imo. together with Milner and Clichy. He played overall very well, and had two chances to score, but those were no sitters.

The first one he made a good run, took the ball down perfectly with his chest. It could have gone beyond the keeper, Edin tried to put it through keeper's legs, it did not. But for sure this was not because of lack of skill. The other one he created on his own, as he is often said not being able to. That didn't look so fancy like Silva, Kun, but it was effective. He was closed down, tried to pass the keeper, and was unlucky again.

Yes, he was offside twice, Kun was once. And what? Strikers are supposed to be offside now and then. Sometimes they start to run too early, sometimes the pass comes too late, or the defense just made a good job (Many try to ignore stats, but "being twice offside in a game" is just some kind of stats, too). Nasri also missed a shot badly, Aguero hit it over the bar from outside the box. Everyone misses.

But at the end it is Dzeko who is the one who has to be benched because he did not take his chance well.

C'mon guys, this is ridiculous. With his contribution so far this season, top scorer in the team, top scorer in the current WC-quali... BL-top-scorer 2009/10, 48 goals in two BL-seasons. That means this guy is a top player, mature, in his best ages, maybe also getting into best form....

No, I don't think a sensible football mind could explain Mancini's unwillingness to play him. If you say Roberto just does not like him, maybe he just likes the fancy looking players more. If it's for his bad behavior in Munich, than what's with Tevez.

But if you are with City and want City to become better, than there is no logical explanation to me.

Trying to statistically explain the superiority of Kun-Tevez partnership, because all games started with them were won, is just ignoring how the games were one and goes in hand with the super-sub tag. If you go on with statistics, than you also have to argue against Dzeko's goals/minute stats, and the number of goals he scored in total to other strikers.

And if it is that Dzeko is better from the bench, than it's just a myth. There is just no evidence for it. Before he came to City, Dzeko was not a sub for years. And here, he has not been a starter. A game every few months is not enough to prove it. Dzeko should be given a chance. Now, when he is on form. And I'm talking about a real chance, at least 5 starts or more. One still can play Kun/Tevez, and sometimes Balo. But Dzeko should be given his chance. And it would be best for the team if he would take it. But if Roberto gives him a few starts now and then, it's is unfair to expect him to deliver. It can happen, but who knows. It doesn't generally depend only on a player himself.

PS: Damn, I did not want this post to go so long. But tnx if you read it ;)
Well there is, he simply looks twice the player than when he starts for whatever reason, the simple fact is since Dzeko signed for us apart from one decent spell at the start of last season he just doesnt look suited to our team.

greasedupdeafguy said:
kara54 said:
No one who watched the game can say Dzeko was poor against Ajax. He was one of our best, imo. together with Milner and Clichy. He played overall very well, and had two chances to score, but those were no sitters. ...
... Before he came to City, Dzeko was not a sub for years. And here, he has not been a starter....
Well there is, he simply looks twice the player than when he starts for whatever reason, the simple fact is since Dzeko signed for us apart from one decent spell at the start of last season he just look suited to our team.

Well, there is not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.