Edin Dzeko

A lot of intelligent and well-thought comments here. I was hasty with my rant against Fuzzmaster and CityPar. Sorry guys.

Tron Coltrane said:
I'm an Edin fan, can't wait to see the multi-headed beast that is our attacking lineup next season.

Strangely enough I'm starting to agree. He can fit in very well. The one thing he lacked for me last season was the total self-belief that exceptional strikers have. But he's been plonked onto a stage as big as they come and I think he's had a bit of stage-fright. Even the mighty Torres wet himself when he moved to Chelski (long may it continue).

Dzeko's build-up and link-up play have been exceptional in the last few matches. He's got height, strength and character. He needs a regular starting place and not thirteen minutes when we're one-nil down.

Hopefully that will give him the chance to start finding the net with frightening consistency. At the end of the day we all want the same outcome.

Will Dzeko get a regular starting place? Can it work playing both him and Tevez together or does it have to be one or the other?

lee-mcfc said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
GranthamBlue said:
Dzeko is truly a great guy. A skillful worker and a dedicated City player.

But he is not a Tevez. City's mighty achivements last season were built on the foundation of one mighty player. If we count on Dzeko to fill his shoes then we will be sorely disappointed.

I hope I'm wrong.
Clearly not a City fan. Yes Tevez is a great player, our achievements were however not built on just Tevez. Notable games we played without Tevez were a 4-0 win against Aston Villa, an easy 2-0 stroll away at West Brom and of course a 1-0 win against Ushited in the FA cup semi-final. There were a couple of defeats (away at Chelsea and Wolves) but we are very effective without him as we've shown. Kompany, De Jong, Hart, Yaya and Silva (amongst many others) were all equally as important in our successes, and if it wasn't for Dzeko we wouldn't even have been in the FA cup semi-final, let alone won the thing!
he's clearly not a city fan because he has a different opinion to yours? oh dear god.
Yes, that's exactly why I said it, well done! Clearly you know how I feel and what I think otherwise you wouldn't have put the "Oh dear god" bit at the end. I said it in response to the tone of his comment and the wording used not his opinion. His tone is very unlike any other fellow City fan I've met plus his comment count would normally get the traditional response "RAG" on here anyway. He may be a Blue but he's the only one I've met who thinks that our success was built on the abilities of only one player last season. If he'd have said Tevez was a very important part of our success last season no-one could question it, maybe even if he said THE most important part we wouldn't argue. His wording made it sound like we are a one-man team which I don't think any genuine Blue would agree with and simply would never state.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.