Edin Dzeko

Watching Erling today got me to thinking about Edin. He’ll always be loved by blues and on balance he was a success with us but when we bought him we all thought we were getting a killer finisher top class goal machine,maybe not quite at Erling’s level but not far off, yet things never really panned out like that.

I think that was more our fault than his - I wish we’d played him more often as a buccaneering centre forward rather than on the wing or as a link up man as was regularly the case.

Watching Erling today got me to thinking about Edin. He’ll always be loved by blues and on balance he was a success with us but when we bought him we all thought we were getting a killer finisher top class goal machine,maybe not quite at Erling’s level but not far off, yet things never really panned out like that.

I think that was more our fault than his - I wish we’d played him more often as a buccaneering centre forward rather than on the wing or as a link up man as was regularly the case.

Džeko was never close to Haalands goal scoring rate. Nor his pace or power.

I love Džeko but Haaland is so different.

You’re forgetting we also had Kun at the time. Haaland is the main man, Edin never was.

He was class and for me a legend. (We’re all singing Edin Dzeko), but he was always playing catch up to god.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.