Edin Dzeko

Dzeko was a lad that loved City and needed to be loved. I don’t think he was ever appreciated like he could have been and while he scored important goals off the bench, he was always at his best when he is the focal point of the attack, a true number 9. I hope to hear his name sung by City fans should he meet us in the finals.

Bony was more prolific in his full proper season with us than Džeko was in his final season with us.
Not sure that is correct.

Dzeko 14/15 22 appearances 4 goals 3 assists 931 minutes
Bony 15/16 26 appearances 4 goals 3 assists 1222 minutes

So identical goals and assists but Dzeko did it in less minutes.

Bony was a disaster. Might have been due to the bout of malaria or other injuries that made him look so poor. Looked nothing like the player at Swansea in terms of pace and power. Says it all when so many were grateful to recover £12m of the £28m we paid for him back from Swansea. Dzeko on the other hand was unfortunate to be up against Aguero and following Tevez. He was far better than most give him credit for and felt we let him go very cheaply at about £12 to £13m.

We haven’t got beyond Madrid yet so it’s not worth talking about finals yet.

For the record, I’ve always been an Edin fan. Quality player.

I have it as Džeko 6 goals, Bony 8.

In that season Dzeko stopped caring and didn’t even try, he was disenchanted with Pellegrini’s treatment of him.

His best season was 2013/14, when he scored 16 goals in 31 appearances. He scored a goal every 125 minutes in the PL that season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.