Edison Cavani

LoveCity said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
dref619 said:
not a chance he'll be at city next year. he is one of the most deadliest strikers in europe, was outstanding last year. can't rotate four world class strikers

surely we want THE best four we can possibly get? Therefore,IF he's better than what we've got and we can get him - then thats what we must do....frankly,from what i've seen of him,hes better than our three,and I think Mancini thinks so too.

He may be a better finisher but he's not a better player than Aguero. Aguero is an amazing footballer and has shown that already for us despite not being fully settled in.

He's arguably better than Dzeko and Mario though but there is no way any of the three we have are being sold and four top strikers could be a nightmare to rotate.

Cavani is no where close to the skillset of Mario. Cavani is similar to dzeko in that he struggles to create for himself. He relies on service, granted, most strikers do, but not the great ones.

Italian Editor Kris Voakes says: While goalscorers are worth their weight in gold in the modern game, Cavani is not necessarily the first person one might think of when considering goal machines. Whereas he thrives on space being created in behind defences for him to run into, he can struggle when defences allow him to receive the ball into feet but stop him from turning.
First goal yaya/kolorov or Joe's fault and second goal straight at Joe maybe could have saved with his foot. Why is it goalkeepers always want to dive to stop the when they can just use their feet. I think he suits Napoli's style don't know if he fit in the premier legue. Lavezzi was great though might not have good stats but creates alot of chances.

If Cavani comes, then Dzeko has to leave. You cant keep four world class strikers happy with rotation. City has already three, the fourth one should be ideally a young up coming talent. Or sell Dzeko and get Cavani.

He's not better than Aguerro at all. As far as Balotelli goes, he's not more talented than him and if there wasnt question marks about Balotellis mentality, we wouldnt have this discussion. He's similar to Dzeko, but he's quicker than him and more mobile

Mancini bought 3 World Class strikers (22M Mario - 27M Edin - 38M Aguero ) and he have to stick with them and deliver !

Buying Cavani will be a joke !
Because it will mean Edin will be loaned somewhere and then sold for a cut price.

LongsightM13 said:
LoveCity said:
LongsightM13 said:
I wouldn't touch Lavezzi with a barge pole to be honest, he is 27 and there are full backs in Europe with a better strike rate. Bellamy with an even worse goal record. No thanks.

But Lavezzi's role isn't really to just score goals, he creates loads of chances and bags a fair amount of goals but not a great amount. He is a game-changing player like Nani for the scum.
But he would cost goal scoring centre forward money. He would be poor value when we could get young, improving stars like Martinez or Hazard for the same dosh or even less.
Cavani would improve us, not sure that Lavezzi would.

Pretty much this. That being said Lavezzi's shot against the bar at our place was worthy of being a goal and worthy of winning any game, just for the way he fashioned and had the audacity to try it alone.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:41 am --<br /><br />
gekas said:
LoveCity said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
surely we want THE best four we can possibly get? Therefore,IF he's better than what we've got and we can get him - then thats what we must do....frankly,from what i've seen of him,hes better than our three,and I think Mancini thinks so too.

He may be a better finisher but he's not a better player than Aguero. Aguero is an amazing footballer and has shown that already for us despite not being fully settled in.

He's arguably better than Dzeko and Mario though but there is no way any of the three we have are being sold and four top strikers could be a nightmare to rotate.

Cavani is no where close to the skillset of Mario. Cavani is similar to dzeko in that he struggles to create for himself. He relies on service, granted, most strikers do, but not the great ones.

You might be right about Pele he seemed to be able to fashion a chance out of nothing, but for me every great striker in history or certainly in recent memory has relied on service.

i vote cavani
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CN0v7vLxHc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CN0v7vLxHc</a>

Anthony_18 said:
Yes please but looks like it'll have to be summer now and not January.

'Edison' ??? I know global warming is bringing the sea ever nearer - but do we really need a lighthouse project in the near future?

-- Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:02 pm --

gekas said:
LoveCity said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

Well,thats alright then - we obviously dont need him.................

Tevez City said:
Mancini bought 3 World Class strikers (22M Mario - 27M Edin - 38M Aguero ) and he have to stick with them and deliver !

Buying Cavani will be a joke !
Because it will mean Edin will be loaned somewhere and then sold for a cut price.

Sorry mate, can't take you seriously anymore after your continued attempts to defend the indefensible. Anyway, I'd take all 4 in front of Herman the weasel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.