EDS v Barca at Hyde

Huws and Bunn impressed me most,Henshall was fantastic in patches but often went missing,Suarez and Roman were the creative sparks but lacked a real end product and both are still a touch lightweight.Rekik will be a talent,just lacks experience at present and Meppen Walters can also be a star,again just experience and conistency needed - he has a wicked left peg.Johansen needs to be far more vocal in goal as he doesn't really command his defence,saying that all were pretty quiet.

Overall though lots of promise and a decent spectacle.

JonnyBoi said:
Just got back in from the game and quite impressed with some of the players in our squad.

Barcelona had the majority of possession, which was to be expected, and ended up with a deserved 2-1 victory. They were really calm on the ball and hounded us for the ball back like their first team do.

Suarez, Rekik and Bunn were our best players imo with other players such as Roman, Meppen Walters and Huws showing good potential.

There were loads of scouts in attendance and me and my girlfriend were surrounded second half! I think there was about 10 of them and overheard that they were from clubs such as Chelsea, Tottenham, Leeds and Brighton.

The Brighton scout had a full list of players that City had let them know were available for loan and not one of them are even in the EDS squad. The players that were on Pablo's (Brighton's Argentinian scout) list included Nimely, Cunningham, Assulin, Wabara and another I can't remember.

The place was indeed crawling with scouts. Stood all match on the terraces chatting to one of them. Couldn't quite work out why he looked familiar. Finally clicked just before the game finished. It was Kevin Reeves. Really nice bloke

cjhaz1969 said:
tony book was def there, the cheeky sod was sat in my seat!! you just cant ask him to move though...can you.? thought barcas no 3 was their best player, always had time and used the ball well, i think the main diference between the sides was speed of thought, we got caught thinking about what to do far to often but credit to barca, they closed us down just like their first team do.

Haha, I can just imagine it. You walk to your seat, Tony Book is sat there; "Tony Book!" He stands up, expecting a handshake, or to be asked for an autograph, but instead; "Get the fuck out of my seat, you cheeky sod!".

Promise from some players,Suarez needs coaching on options and realeasing others into the game. Roman had a mare for me, I would have had him off earlier running and working off ball for team were not applicabe-dissapointing to see. Keeper looked assured and has the right physic- has definite potential perhaps needs to talk more but I liked what I saw. Alex Henshall had some good runs and movement particularly in first half.

Saw the most dramatic dive ever with the loudest scream by a barca player,the ref wasnt fooled by the dive and rolling and gave yellow card and within seconds the guy was up and almost challenged Usain Bolt on his running back, Much to the amusement of the crowd, they teach em young over there. Cheating B@stards.
Enjoyed the game hope everyone returns for next game,top value

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q41abElPlok&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

The whole, 10 seconds of action, 20 seconds of commentary of the action is a bit much.

I thought our left back was giving their winger waaaaay too much space in that first half. They were in acres of it every time. Suarez looked the standout player for us, Henshall did some brilliant stuff at the beginning but disappeared after that. It was as though the nerves got to him a bit. Rekik has a real calmness and assuredness about him which is good to see in a centre half. I know he probably didn't have the best of games by his standards last night (first time I've seen him) but I really liked the look of Roman personally. Proper spritely little character and you could see him trying his balls of and not shirking it at all. He started the move for our goal which was a quality break from him, Suarez and Bunn. Shame we lacked the quality in the final third and the crossing was poor, but some lovely long balls played wide switching play from both teams in the second half

Saw Ian Holloway and Tony Book. Mates saw Patrick Barkley and Alan Stubbs there as well

fths2g.jpg

first time to post a pic on foreign forum,see if i am done??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.