EDS v Barca at Hyde

it was good fun had my first bovril at the age of 22, got a pic with zab. thought henshall (sp) was the best player in the first half (bit quiet after) suarez was top as was roman and our number 2 was good except for his crossing. don't like the look of the keeper one bit though

barca's defending was immence though suarez kept taking one touch too many and looked a bit shot shy which helped them

Tricky_Trev said:
David Babunski - remember the name!

Was going to post the same. Had a trawl on the internet originally from Macedonia. Scored a few more goals like the one tonight. Incredible footballer at that age level.

It was a good game and, although Barca did narrowly deserve their win, our lads played well and did us proud. Some of our passing was superb, just now and then they went astray. Not sure of the names of the players as I didn't have a team sheet but our numbers 2, 3, 5 & 11 were excellent.But everyone put in a good shift.

One player got injured, think it was our number 11 and I hope he is going to be ok. Thought it was just cramp at first but maybe he pulled/tweaked something.

Apparently Ian Holloway was there as well the guy sitting next to me said. Tony Book was definitely there.

de niro said:
i enjoyed it, their 10 and 3 were outstanding.

Dead right there de niro, Babunski & Grimaldo, must say I was impressed with Suarez throughout the game & Henshall in the first half.

Tricky_Trev said:
David Babunski - remember the name!

According to the official NGS Twitter account, they said it was Miguel Angel who scored both goals, and not David Babunski.

Just got back myself from the game and I really enjoyed it. I thought our MoTM was without a doubt Courtney Meppen-Walter. Had a solid game at LB, excellent in the tackle and isn't afraid to whack a 70yd cross field ball to the foot of a grateful recipient.
I was also really impressed with Denis Suarez, Karim Rekik and Joan Angel Roman. Suarez and Roman are so comfortable on the ball, well balanced and are gifted with the quality of being able to use both feet competently.

I just thought we lacked the composure and cutting edge in the final third, Roman and Suarez just not able to thread through the final ball to Harry Bunn. I think it was testament to how well we played that the winning goal was a shot that was unstoppable from any keeper.

Good turnout too for the lads, just over 2,000.

wez99 said:
de niro said:
i enjoyed it, their 10 and 3 were outstanding.

Dead right there de niro, Babunski & Grimaldo, must say I was impressed with Suarez throughout the game & Henshall in the first half.

Was the 3 Grimaldo? Apparently according to reports he has already been fast tracked to B level, so gives an indication of the quality of players faced tonight. Excellent game, with both sides playing great football. Attendance was embarrassing though :-)

Grimaldo is the youngest player to play in second flight spanish football.I dont think he is quite 16 yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.