EDS vs Southampton

I didnt see the game today - who was the LB and how did they play?

One issue we have had is that the strength of player coming through doesn't seem to match the need at 1st team level. Delap is one who has a chance but its goingto be tough for the midfield and wide players to get a look in. I have been keeping my eye on the LB but we have been rotating various players into LB for a while.
Bernabe. Scored a nice goal. Brilliant both coming inside and overlapping. Decent pace, originally a midfielder, so very good on the ball, great passing etc. He’s pretty good defensively as well, a bit of a warrior, like Zaba. Energetic and very aggressive

I hope it's not a post from me you're thinking about because I'm as far from ITK as you can get ;)

I think I did post something along those lines, reducing the 1st team squad in order to integrate some of these lads.
It was Tolmie, I think.

I like those Douglas Luiz type deals where we get good money for players so they develop them properly and we then get a chance to buy back giving the other club a nice profit.

If you're talking about Delap he's been here 2 years this summer.

Not sure why I thought otherwise. Doesn’t help that I’ve been watching these group of lads well. Well, I’ll just hope his situation is handled properly. Thanks for correcting me.

In what thread?
Absolutely no idea now. I remember listening to something Pep said and then the discussions that followed were that this was a pivotal time for the Academy. My view, for what it's worth, is that quite a few players are really delivering at academy/eds level despite playing ahead of their age group. Talents like Palmer and McAtee do not come around often. Doyle has been around the first team and Lavia looks the business. At the same time, Sergio and Fern are coming to an end but are not the pivotal first-teamers they were: they already have replacements so someone from the EDS is back up to the back up rather than a direct replacement for an undroppable worldy. For example, if Palmer comes in, it's as backup to Mahrez and Bernardo and arguably Torres. It is not that we really weaken the team by playing him as it is not essential to do so, he can be blooded in the right games.

Last edited:
Hopefully Potter at Brighton enquires about a loan for Delap, if they stay up. Think it would really suit everyone
The most Brighton could take off us is 2 loanees.
Wouldn't minded Delap and one other heading there.
I just saw the England U21 panel and there are loads of the players on loan.
They are getting game time playing in front of crowds and exposure

Liam Delap’s last 7 (SEVEN) matches:

3 goals v Derby
2 goals and 2 assists v Leicester
2 goals v Arsenal
2 goals v Brighton
1 goal and 1 assist v West Ham
2 goals v Birmingham
3 goals today.

Did he assist any goals today?

If not, it’s 15 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. What a player.
The last time we had a reserve player scoring goals anything like this rate was Barney Daniels.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make just fancied bringing an prolific scorer from the days gone by into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.