Eduardo Ban

Benarbia's Fat Dad

Apologies if this is already posted - couldn't find it - but I think the most interesting bit of news today is the 2 game ban imposed on Eduardo.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_5530559,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 59,00.html</a>

I thought the very idea of it was utterly ridiculous but assumed that they would not be able find definitive evidence either way. Having watched the video all week, i'm still not convinced that the keeper didn't hit his foot and even if he didn't, how can it be assumed that he intended to deceive the referee?
This is a whole new scale of incompetence. Football is quite simply the worlds best sport, but seems to be governed with breathtaking stupidity.

he deserves the ban! i just dont fkin understand how trannaldo didnt get a ban? he dived every bluddy match:S!

If the ref had seen the dive during the game he would of got a yellow card. How do Uefa now justify a two game ban for the same offence?

not sure i entirely agree with it, but hopefully it will set a precedent that will cut diving out.

Watching the telly and thinking that he deserved it is one thing, but having proof enough to impose a ban on him is another thing altogether.

I hope that Wenger does officially contest every last contencious moment in european matches from now on

feedthegoat said:
If the ref had seen the dive during the game he would of got a yellow card. How do Uefa now justify a two game ban for the same offence?
They justify it by saying he cheated the ref by making him believe he was touched when he wasn't. Sends a clear message to cheats we will get you if it aint spotted by the match officials

Joke of a decision! Can't wait for Arsenal to get the lawyers involved.

They justify it by saying he cheated the ref by making him believe he was touched when he wasn't. Sends a clear message to cheats we will get you if it aint spotted by the match officials
How can they prove he wasn't? I watched it again today and I think the keeper hits his foot. He was already going down but then so was Rooney on Saturday.
How is it any different from Bristol City players failing to notify Rob Shoebridge that Crystal palace had scored when the ball bounced back out of the net?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.