Eduardo Ban

Whether the ban was right or wrong. I would have preferred to have seen a ban on the referee. It was his and the linesman's bad positioning that got it wrong in the first place...

lol so usually a dive is a bookable offence. it takes 3 booking in the cl for a ONE match ban... that means for the refs incompetence eduardo has been punished sixfold.

WHAT THE FUCK!??!?!

supercity36 said:
lol so usually a dive is a bookable offence. it takes 3 booking in the cl for a ONE match ban... that means for the refs incompetence eduardo has been punished sixfold.

WHAT THE FUCK!??!?!
this is exactly what ive been saying, how the fuck can he banned for 2 games for something he would have been booked for if the ref had seen it? its complete bollocks. A bit of a far stretched example but if i was battering someone and a copper walked round the corner and saw me would i get less of a punishment than if i battered someone and was caught at a later date through cctv footage, i think not.

mcfcjosh said:
supercity36 said:

WHAT THE FUCK!??!?!
this is exactly what ive been saying, how the fuck can he banned for 2 games for something he would have been booked for if the ref had seen it? its complete bollocks. A bit of a far stretched example but if i was battering someone and a copper walked round the corner and saw me would i get less of a punishment than if i battered someone and was caught at a later date through cctv footage, i think not.
He managed to convince the ref it was a foul when it wasn't he cheated and was caught out. Sometimes refs don't see a challenge as a booking yet when the video is looked at they realise a mistake was made so the player ends up banned. All this situation needs is consistancy and a side of the game we all hate will hopefully be banished.

We are brought up to believe cheats don't prosper so to have got away with it he would have gained from it.

mcfcjosh said:
supercity36 said:

WHAT THE FUCK!??!?!

if there wasnt a rule allowing a two game ban they couldnt impose one, not sure why people stick up for a cheat!, its about time this happened

also this for once wasnt down to the ref or linesman imcomptence wherever they stand they cannot see all angles

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
mcfcjosh said:
He managed to convince the ref it was a foul when it wasn't he cheated and was caught out. Sometimes refs don't see a challenge as a booking yet when the video is looked at they realise a mistake was made so the player ends up banned. All this situation needs is consistancy and a side of the game we all hate will hopefully be banished.

We are brought up to believe cheats don't prosper so to have got away with it he would have gained from it.
im not even arguing about whether what he did deservs a ban just that it has to be the same punishment for someone caught by the ref, and at the moment it isnt.

Fuck him and fuck Arsenal. They teach the kids in their famous youth set up how to dive convincingly. They can bleat all they like about how it's unfair but they didn't give a rats arse when they were planning to treat other people unfairly to their own advantage. You can't say 'fuck the rules' when it suits you and then moan when UEFA do the same thing. Tough shit.

mcfcjosh said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:

im not even arguing about whether what he did deservs a ban just that it has to be the same punishment for someone caught by the ref, and at the moment it isnt.

think about it, if the ref saw it and booked him they wouldnt get a penalty and wouldnt score a goal and as you cant change a result just giving him a yellow afterwards wouldnt be much of a apunishment, if a player knew he could dive and get a goal to win a game he would be more than happy to take a yellow card, end of arguement

mcfcjosh said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:

You've miss understood me as I said the reason he has been hit with the ban is simply he was able to convince the ref he had been fouled therefore the puishment should be stronger

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
cookster said:
Joke of a decision! Can't wait for Arsenal to get the lawyers involved.
Why is it?? he cheated and got found out players get banned for serious foul play sometimes when the ref hasn't seen it

If the ref sees serious foul play its a red card and a ban. If a ref doesn't see it, UEFA/FA can retrospectively punish the palyer with a similar sanction as if the ref had seen the incident.

If the ref see's Eduado dive, he's booked, if he doesn't he gets a two match ban, or a sanction 200% worse than if the ref see's it.

Justify that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.