Effective chanting and the art of motorcycle maintenance

An old song I used to love that could easily be changed to suit todays players. Somebod might be able to fit the names in better but its took me 1min to come up with a version. Problem is theres no swearing so it might not suit most of todays fan base.

To the tune of Bless em all....

Bless ‘em all, Bless ‘em all
Ederson, Rodri and Laporte
Bless Kyle Walker who blocks out the wing
Bless Phil Foden the Stockport king
And with Stones and Dias so tall
And De Bruyne, the Prince of them all
Come on the light blues
It’s always the right blue
So cheer up me lads
Bless ‘em all

And heres the original...

Bert Trautmann, Dave Ewing and Paul
Bless Roy Little who blocks out the wing
Bless Jack Dyson the penalty king
And with Leivers and Spurdle so tall
And Johnstone, the Prince of them all
Come on the light blues
So cheer up me lads
Bless ‘em all

An old song I used to love that could easily be changed to suit todays players. Somebod might be able to fit the names in better but its took me 1min to come up with a version. Problem is theres no swearing so it might not suit most of todays fan base.

To the tune of Bless em all....

Ederson, Rodri and Laporte
Bless Kyle Walker who blocks out the wing
Bless Phil Foden the Stockport king
And with Stones and Dias so tall
And De Bruyne, the Prince of them all
Come on the light blues
So cheer up me lads
Bless ‘em all

And heres the original...

Bert Trautmann, Dave Ewing and Paul
Bless Roy Little who blocks out the wing
Bless Jack Dyson the penalty king
And with Leivers and Spurdle so tall
And Johnstone, the Prince of them all
Come on the light blues
So cheer up me lads
Bless ‘em all
Remember singing a different one to the tune

fukc em all
Fuck em all
That’s why I say fuck em all
Because we are Man city
And we are the best
Full off United
And fuck all the rest

Our song list that regularly gets sung at games is absolutely shit! It’s the shittest song list in the league. Our singers are obsessed with singing shit songs that nobody else joins in with.

Nobody is interested in “Empty Seats At Home”, “Gerrard slipped, Suarez cried”, or songs about players when the game is 0-0 or we’re losing. They aren’t the chants that need singing, especially not three times a half.

We would have an infinitely better atmosphere if our core song list was this:
Blue Moon
City City, The Best Team In The Land And All The World
City, We’re From Manchester
(Go West)
We Love You City
We’re The Pride Of Manchester
Oh Man City, The Only Football Team To Come From Manchester
Na na na na na na na na City
City ’Til I Die
We All Follow Man City, Over Land And Sea
Oh When The Blues Go Marching In
We are City from Maine Road

… among many others we no longer sing

The lack of these songs being sung is one of the biggest things that holds back our atmosphere and why people are so often scratching their heads for why we don’t have a good atmosphere. We don’t sing City songs (it’s literally the odd one, usually TBTITLAATW)! What other football fans don’t sing songs about their club? We must be the only set of fans who don’t do it.

We also never make up any new songs about City (or, god forbid, any including the word “Manchester”!). They’re all about players or United/Liverpool. Even the players ones nearly always reference United/Liverpool. We can’t get to the end of a song about one of our own players without mentioning United/Liverpool.

We also sing songs at weird times. A few weeks ago, after some great play by Gabriel Jesus, the chant that went up was “Pablo Zabaleta he is the fucking man”… me and the lad I sit next to looked at each other and said “Pablo Zabaleta?” at each other and laughed at the same time.

But it’s not the players songs we need to sing and make up, it’s City songs!

We’ve sung City songs so little over the last decade that it would take a year of singing them to get the rest of the stadium used to them again.

All the other stuff we sing now, that have stupidly become our core songs, are just songs that should be added extras to sing at away games when we’re 0-4 up.

City songs are the songs the whole crowd want to hear and sing. And if we’re going to sing a song about a player, do it at the right time; ie, when he’s done something good or when he’s just scored, because nobody is going to join in with “he hates United and he loves City, Ruben Dias…” when we’re 2-0 down and he’s not even playing.

The good thing about our City songs n’all, is that they’re not the quiet clap-along songs that sound like a dog’s barking that suit away games more, they’re loud and booming chants that carry loudly with long notes. I noticed on Saturday that nearly all of Liverpool’s songs are the loud, long-note, booming songs. They’re the songs that make good home and Wembley atmospheres.
Super, super post
Super, super post
Super, super post
Super post ......Psychedelic Casual

Our song list that regularly gets sung at games is absolutely shit! It’s the shittest song list in the league. Our singers are obsessed with singing shit songs that nobody else joins in with.

Nobody is interested in “Empty Seats At Home”, “Gerrard slipped, Suarez cried”, or songs about players when the game is 0-0 or we’re losing. They aren’t the chants that need singing, especially not three times a half.

We would have an infinitely better atmosphere if our core song list was this:
Blue Moon
City City, The Best Team In The Land And All The World
City, We’re From Manchester
(Go West)
We Love You City
We’re The Pride Of Manchester
Oh Man City, The Only Football Team To Come From Manchester
Na na na na na na na na City
City ’Til I Die
We All Follow Man City, Over Land And Sea
Oh When The Blues Go Marching In
We are City from Maine Road

… among many others we no longer sing

The lack of these songs being sung is one of the biggest things that holds back our atmosphere and why people are so often scratching their heads for why we don’t have a good atmosphere. We don’t sing City songs (it’s literally the odd one, usually TBTITLAATW)! What other football fans don’t sing songs about their club? We must be the only set of fans who don’t do it.

We also never make up any new songs about City (or, god forbid, any including the word “Manchester”!). They’re all about players or United/Liverpool. Even the players ones nearly always reference United/Liverpool. We can’t get to the end of a song about one of our own players without mentioning United/Liverpool.

We also sing songs at weird times. A few weeks ago, after some great play by Gabriel Jesus, the chant that went up was “Pablo Zabaleta he is the fucking man”… me and the lad I sit next to looked at each other and said “Pablo Zabaleta?” at each other and laughed at the same time.

But it’s not the players songs we need to sing and make up, it’s City songs!

We’ve sung City songs so little over the last decade that it would take a year of singing them to get the rest of the stadium used to them again.

All the other stuff we sing now, that have stupidly become our core songs, are just songs that should be added extras to sing at away games when we’re 0-4 up.

City songs are the songs the whole crowd want to hear and sing. And if we’re going to sing a song about a player, do it at the right time; ie, when he’s done something good or when he’s just scored, because nobody is going to join in with “he hates United and he loves City, Ruben Dias…” when we’re 2-0 down and he’s not even playing.

The good thing about our City songs n’all, is that they’re not the quiet clap-along songs that sound like a dog’s barking that suit away games more, they’re loud and booming chants that carry loudly with long notes. I noticed on Saturday that nearly all of Liverpool’s songs are the loud, long-note, booming songs. They’re the songs that make good home and Wembley atmospheres.
Great post mate and obviously heart felt! I do think that as a fan base we have not kept up with the club. The team is on a rocket into space exploring places we have never been to before and a lot of our fans are still on the M62 coming back from York away. It's certainly not easy adjusting your mindset from one of survival to one of dominance but we are now an alpha male team and we are fighting to be king of the jungle. As a fan base we are brilliant, funny and loyal but we need to focus more on the process of winning football matches. Incremental improvements and all that, standing still will get us killed.

I feel fine. Liverpool song and sung with gusto all over Wembley by young, middle aged and older generation. Far too many excuses from us as to why no atmosphere.excuses like.. they went a goal up so that flattened it or we were 3nil up so that killed it. I’m glad I’m old school I’ve enjoyed atmospheres all over watching City. Now we have a thread called the atmosphere thread. Definitely a problem for sure that needs addressing.the truth is they took over Wembley and created a good atmosphere. We were sterile. That is a fact. Also been pointed out why do a lot of our fans stay on the concourse getting drunk then coming into the ground last minute? Then we a also a problem with early leavers. It’s a City trait that needs fine tuning for sure. Our ground is stagnant at the best of times when we’re playing exhilarating football. Away support is much better when I’ve managed to get a ticket.

Nobody is interested in “Empty Seats At Home”,
Good post PC, except above, I think this has a firm place now, it's in keeping with our long-term ability to laugh at our own shortcomings and bat it back to all naysayers, and can be sung repetitively for some time, perhaps slow it down a little so that if it's new to some (and other clubs mocking this very subject) they can pick up the words...

Liverpool did well with their 'boss nights', I wonder if something similar would work with City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.