EFL Cup 18/19 Dec

Craig Bellamy is passing comment on the plastic bottle thrown at Dele ali tonight but he never mentioned the Manchester Derby semifinal a few years back where (if I recall correctly) a glass bottle hit him on the back of the head.
To be honest I think it`s irrelevant that he was hit. The fact is this is a new story at a time when football fans are being scrutinised by the media and (hopefully) authorities.
Make no mistake, incidents like the abuse given to Stirling and by the female fan at Liverpool and now this will have repercussions.
The fact that Alli was hit by a bottle on the back of the head is bad enough but to add to this hundreds or Arsenal fans were cheering and applauding it!
Anyone remember netting? Are we going down that road again? Dog forbid Alli had been seriously injured because you can guarantee the shit would hit the fan.

Craig Bellamy is passing comment on the plastic bottle thrown at Dele ali tonight but he never mentioned the Manchester Derby semifinal a few years back where (if I recall correctly) a glass bottle hit him on the back of the head.
Several things including at least one possibly two bottles were thrown at him in that game when he took a corner. The media didn't make much of an issue with it at the time.

Several things including at least one possibly two bottles were thrown at him in that game when he took a corner. The media didn't make much of an issue with it at the time.
My point exactly, I am slightly surprised that Craig didn’t mention it when asked to discuss yesterday’s incident. I have just seen Chris Kirkland on Sky Sports reference the incident when he was assaulted on the pitch by an invading fan. I am beginning to think this is another example for the agenda thread, remind me again which fans threw the objects at Bellamy...? :)

They ignored it.

It was only after a ampaign ending pizzas and other assorted tat to the perpetrator it got coverage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.