EFL Cup Final | Tottenham | Sun 25 Apr 4:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly plans to allow 8k in but made up of “local” nurses etc and a requirement for three negative tests beforehand. Sounds like a monumental waste of time and complete palaver for what will be non-fans. Will anyone bother?

Is this still just on BT (or Sky) - i don't have any of them, i just have freeview TV.

Been to every league cup final, it's gutting for me and mum that we wont be there, so i'm wondering if anyone knows if city are going to try and get it shown for the 40,000 city fans who would have been there (surely we mustn't be the only fans who don't have/can't afford subcription TV as we spend that cash on being at the ground instead!), by either making it a free tv pass game, or trying to pressure a freeview channel to show it.

I know i'm probably wasting my breath, but i'm hoping :(

Last edited:
Supposedly plans to allow 8k in but made up of “local” nurses etc and a requirement for three negative tests beforehand. Sounds like a monumental waste of time and complete palaver for what will be non-fans. Will anyone bother?
Locals you say?... so a few thousand Spurs fans and a smattering of City fans

The nurses will all look like overweight, gobby London cunts who all turn up in spurs merchandise....

About 100,000k could qualify for tickets and each gets two, so all could bring City/Spurs fans with them. The 8k is guesswork, they haven't decided on a figure yet and depends on what happens in the Saints/Foxes semi, they just know it will be less than 10k.

It isn't just locals either as you could work in the 8 North West London boroughs, where a quarter of London live, for on of the biggest employers in the CCG( which will be about 40k people), and commute in 50 miles a day for your £100k plus job which a lot are on. Wembley Park residents get to go, another 30k, plus all Brent MBC employees must be at least 10k. Wi the other groups like 'local' teachers and 18+ 'pupils', which may get applicants across London as local isn't defined.

Plus is doesn't require 3 tests, they target groups getting tested often, and just need on negative LFT and a take one at home after the even to see the impact and determine whether to do any other pilots. If a handful of fans test negative before the semi, and positive after, I can see no one let in the final.

The fan thing, whilst worthy and noble, could end up being farcical if it results in a heavy London bias in favour of Spurs.
Just like the very thoughtfully arranged Thursday night replay in 81.

The fan thing, whilst worthy and noble, could end up being farcical if it results in a heavy London bias in favour of Spurs.
Just like the very thoughtfully arranged Thursday night replay in 81.

I live in Brent. There's a bus route outside my flat that goes directly to White Hart Lane. It's north London, no doubt there will be 4,000 Spurs fans attending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.