EFL Cup final venue

Ok, let me ask it slightly different. We are fortunate, and have had a seriously good successful Wembley presence over the last few years, the players are familiar with the surroundings etc, but lets say it was Wolves going there instead of us and they again are playing Spurs. As Spurs players play there every fortnight etc, the Fans are familiar etc etc, all the advantages of a home ground, would it be fair on Wolves to play the Game at Spurs home (irrespective of 50:50 ticket allocation)
Wolves might not be the best team to use to make your point as they seemed happy to play Spuds at Wembley last week :)

Should be moved if they get there & Spurs billed for all the compensation etc

It's irrelevant that we've got a good record there, how many times have Burton played there?

It does seem kind of unfair but i guess you could also argue that if a team that doesn't get to a final too often e.g. let's say Burton (but it could have been Leicester, Everton or someone like that) then their fans would feel robbed of their day at Wembley. I'd be really shocked if Burton fans would prefer to see them play a final against Spurs at Old Trafford rather than Wembley. Think it would be quite dispiriting for their players too.

It's an unfortunate set of circumstances but i don't think it should be moved. I also wonder if it's weirdly off putting for Spurs to suddenly find themselves playing in a stadium that they've come to see as home, but in a strangely hostile crowd. I think it'd be weird playing a game at the etihad where 50% of the crowd were against us. I could be clutching at straws but in a game of fine margins it could have a negative effect on them.

Been waiting for a cup final revenge against Spurs since 1981. Bring it on . ( i'm not bitter honestly )

Anyone know the KO time for the final ?
Sky hasn't decided it yet! Doesn't help with booking cheap trains down assuming we get there when we don't know the ko time but since when do the fans matter

Reactions: es1
The final should have been played in Birmingham or Newcastle last year because Arsenal were more familiar with London than we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.