Egg Heads - Natalie Pike

As I have moved widely in the world of quizzing I know most of the |Eggheads very well, and played against them all except Judith (of the original ones. )

There was one of the others who is disliked for being egotistical, manipulative and disingenuous. Before I played against this person an experienced quizzer rang me up and said "Watch out for ------, who is a cheat and will bend the rules." He was right.

I mustn't say who.

As I have moved widely in the world of quizzing I know most of the |Eggheads very well, and played against them all except Judith (of the original ones. )

There was one of the others who is disliked for being egotistical, manipulative and disingenuous. Before I played against this person an experienced quizzer rang me up and said "Watch out for ------, who is a cheat and will bend the rules." He was right.

I mustn't say who.
How do you cheat (unless calling / texting a friend) and bend the rules? The question is either right or wrong!

I mustn't say who.
Would I be right in thinking I could See Jay leno disliking the player too?

Believe me, some do bend the rules. In this particular quiz ("Brain of Britain"), you are supposed to wait until an opponent has had a wrong answer declared incorrect, or in the case of no answer the ten-seconds allowed must have elapsed, before anyone else buzzes in. I abided by those rules, and found this person buzzing in before he/she was entitled to, without being penalised by the adjudicators.

The quiz world can be very cut-throat and peopled by those with pretty non-existent lives outside of that bubble.

It is not sour grapes on my part since I have won prestigious TV and radio quizzes.

Believe me, some do bend the rules. In this particular quiz ("Brain of Britain"), you are supposed to wait until an opponent has had a wrong answer declared incorrect, or in the case of no answer the ten-seconds allowed must have elapsed, before anyone else buzzes in. I abided by those rules, and found this person buzzing in before he/she was entitled to, without being penalised by the adjudicators.

The quiz world can be very cut-throat and peopled by those with pretty non-existent lives outside of that bubble.

It is not sour grapes on my part since I have won prestigious TV and radio quizzes.

Win the ads? Cabbage on crackerjack?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, my friend. I mean PRESTIGIOUS. Since this is my thousandth post I shall content myself with that comment and return to my fireside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.