El Classico sandwiched between the two semis

Why should the Spanish FA go switching fixtures because of the Champions League? Imagine if we were going for the title with the rags and Chelsea and they had too play one another in between semi finals but the FA decided to switch their games to a time more convenient, we'd be fuming. Furthermore, Chelsea have had a far harder run and they're in the final.

Why wouldn't they, nothing unknown there but who'd win the title and it was between same two clubs. Marseille had a game postponed between matches vs Bayern and it was completely unimportant match for them.

Though I think Barcelona would reject it, they knew what kind of games they'd have against Chelsea and that RM would have more physical games against Bayern.

But on another side, RM have more depth than Barca.

Anyway, EL Clasico between two semis didn't help anyone but Chelsea and Bayern.

MSP said:
Why wouldn't they, nothing unknown there but who'd win the title and it was between same two clubs. Marseille had a game postponed between matches vs Bayern and it was completely unimportant match for them.

Though I think Barcelona would reject it, they knew what kind of games they'd have against Chelsea and that RM would have more physical games against Bayern.

IMO it sets a dangerous precedent, assuming they did it this time, what happens next time when it does matter to another team. Furthermore, Barca and Real signed up to the Champions League knowing that they'd have to juggle the two comptitions, neither could do it so they miss out this year. To quote Roberto "dis is eh football".

Whine whine final would've been Barca v Real if they hadn't played the classico inbetween the semi's whine whine.... Christ the butthurt is big.

dannybcity said:
MSP said:

IMO it sets a dangerous precedent, assuming they did it this time, what happens next time when it does matter to another team. Furthermore, Barca and Real signed up to the Champions League knowing that they'd have to juggle the two comptitions, neither could do it so they miss out this year. To quote Roberto "dis is eh football".

CL final is big thing, obviously no need for that in earlier phases of competition but imo they should do it now.

When they drew up the fixtures at the beginning of the season,they knew then that it would fall inbetween the semi finals,they should of moved the game then.

Or as others have said,they could of postponed the game at the weekend,it wouldn't of mattered to the rest of the league as no other team was in contention for the title.

The Spanish FA really messed up.

royle said:
When they drew up the fixtures at the beginning of the season,they knew then that it would fall inbetween the semi finals,they should of moved the game then.

Or as others have said,they could of postponed the game at the weekend,it wouldn't of mattered to the rest of the league as no other team was in contention for the title.

How would they have known that no other teams were in contention for the league at the start of the season?

I didn't say that .i said that at the start of the season while drawing up the fixtures they should of ensured the classico didn't fall between the semi final dates,which would of been known to them at the time

I then went on to say,they could of still rectified this once the semi final draw had been made as no other Spanish team in the league would of been affected by postponing the classico as no other spanish team was in contention to win the league.

royle said:
I didn't say that .i said that at the start of the season while drawing up the fixtures they should of ensured the classico didn't fall between the semi final dates,which would of been known to them at the time

I then went on to say,they could of still rectified this once the semi final draw had been made as no other Spanish team in the league would of been affected by postponing the classico as no other spanish team was in contention to win the league.

That means messing around with fixtures, you play the games your drawn and if your good enough you'll do fine. Barca and Real Madrid just weren't good enough this year. It's nothing to do with the fixtures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.